Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > World Superbike

Old 07-29-2001, 06:41 PM   #11
ClubRacer
Founding Member

Default Re: World Superbike race two

Last season when I was sticking up for Ben there were constant slams. This year there is nothing but warm fuzzies.
ClubRacer is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-29-2001, 09:07 PM   #12
krisd
Founding Member

Well said. And there's no doubt that all 25 starters (or what ever it is) in SBK are all SENSATIONAL riders. But perhaps we are even entering an era whereby younger riders like Bostrom and Hogson have just that much extra aggression required to move the goalposts, thus lifting the game? Time will tell.
krisd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2001, 03:34 AM   #13
BobbyDazzler
Founding Member

Nice to see Ben kickin some arse..getting that lap record too was a real show of talent. I thought he'd be a flash in the pan after halfway thru last year..Glad to be proven wrong though..coz hes definately one of the friendliest guys in the paddock..

Michelin seem to have lost their way a little? I think all that energy they're pouring into F1 is spreading them a little thin..
BobbyDazzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2001, 05:27 AM   #14
das
Founding Member

Default Re: WTH SPEEDVISION

Relax man. I can solve your problem in three notes.... V - C - R

The technology may be old and stale, but it works. A decent VCR can be had for dirt cheap these days.

das is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2001, 05:55 AM   #15
hindle
Founding Member

Ducati robbed? If anyone was robbed last season it was Haga. Robbed at a real chance of winning the WSBK championship last year. Forget Ducati. I don't think even the King could have stopped Edwards and Haga last year.
hindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2001, 06:02 AM   #16
hindle
Founding Member

Not to mention that alot of the younger guys who haven't won a championship are more willing to push a bike beyond it's limit and roll the dice hoping for success. Once you win races and championships your attitude changes and you get older as well. People change. Not to take away from Edwards or Corser or anyone else but maybe they aren't willing to take as many chances as they once did. Also they don't need to. They don't have nearly as much to prove as Bostrom or Hodgeson. I'm sure as a spectator there is more to it then that but I'm sure that is part of it.
hindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2001, 07:17 AM   #17
Arch
Founding Member

Yep, some sort of "technical problem". Hmmm. A call to their viewer hotline today (800-22-SPEED) resulted in a long hold followed by a dial tone.

It would be nice if they'd at least post some info on the site regarding whether or not they plan to air the races at all. In the meantime, check with your local Fox affiliate's schedule as mine shows to be replaying at least one of the races on Tuesday.

What a bummer if this is to become the way things usually go over at Speedvision. Here's where we can voice our opinions, for whatever that'll be worth...

http://www.speedvision.com/network/feedback.html

Best regards,

Archie R.

Katy, TX
Arch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2001, 01:43 PM   #18
MuzzyMatt
Founding Member

*sob*

Well, it may be all over for Corser. I had rooted for him and (most of all) his RSV Mille throughout the season, but if this keeps up he'll be canned by Aprilia. What the heck happened in race two?!
MuzzyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2001, 02:53 PM   #19
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Thanks. They showed race 1 Sunday, around 2 or 3, and then didn't show the second one on fox. Seems like since Fox bought speedvision a bunch of funny things have been going on.
Joe_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2001, 08:42 PM   #20
Nish
Founding Member

Supposedly the satelite feed was messed up (according to an email reply from speedvision). Thet said they'll replay both tuesday or something (while I'm at work).
Nish is offline   Reply With Quote