Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > World Superbike

Old 07-09-2001, 04:28 AM   #1
Sparky
Founding Member

Default Re: Laguna WSBK Race One

Any word on Chili's condition? It looked like he was really hurting after that crash and he didn't return for race 2.

Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-09-2001, 08:25 AM   #2
GSXR104
Founding Member

Default Re: Laguna WSBK Race One

Taken from Worldsuperbike.it

Frankie Chili: The problem in race one was that the Colin pushed against Yanagawa, and he crashed. Normally the bike goes to the outside, so I went inside, but the bike caught and lifted, back to the inside. I could not avoid it and I left a mark in the fuel tank with my groin! In the second race the bike would not make power on the exit of corner, it was like the bike was in neutral, with no forward drive. It is time the Japanese decide what they want for the next year because we and the team spend much effort and time. It is not a game for us. The bike is wrong, the chassis is wrong and they must make a chassis like I told them at the beginning of the season.

GSXR104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2001, 10:05 AM   #3
MoMo
Founding Member

Default The Brothers' Bostrom

Does anybody know how Eric Bostrom got into the WSBK race? He kicked ass! What I really want to know is why wasn't any other AMA racers out there? I think it would it have been sweet to see what Matt Maldin could have done.
MoMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2001, 10:14 AM   #4
hackfu
Founding Member

Default Re: The Brothers

You should go read the comments for Race Two!
hackfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2001, 01:46 PM   #5
blademan
Founding Member

Default Hackfu

Hackfu, i was the one shouting "hackfu" from the turn 3 paddock suite upstairs. I saw you roaming around the media center throughout the weekend but didn't want to bother you. I was in the pits next to Edwards during qualifying and Superpole.

blademan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2001, 02:53 PM   #6
TeamProBono
Founding Member

Default I Told You Ben Bostrom Rocked!

To All You Big-Mouthed, Opinionated Posters/Poseurs:

All last year, all you could do was whine and about how Ben Bostrom was a wanker and didn't deserve to be in WSC, blah, blah, blah. (Funny how you guys (gals, too?) never mention some of the other factory people who rarely finished in the top 10 in a race, but not even for the 2000 season...) Yet you failed to see how he was doing pretty well for his first year, stayed in the top 10 in points, and started finishing near and on the podium from mid-season onwards (starting with the switch to the NCR Ducati squad).

Well, NOW what do you have to say for yourselves? You can officially apologize for making ignorant statements (as opposed to informed personal opinions) and go stand in the back of the room.

NOW!

Way to go, Ben! And, great riding, Eric! Next time, maybe you'll have a bike as fast as the front running WSC bikes and not the out-to-pasture Kawi (see Yanagawa's post-Race 2 comments).
TeamProBono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2001, 06:37 AM   #7
RobGixxer750
Founding Member

Default Re: I Told You Ben Bostrom Rocked!

I still believe he doesn't belong in World Super Car, he does belong in WSBK though.

*grin*
RobGixxer750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2001, 09:56 AM   #8
TeamProBono
Founding Member

Default Re: I Told You Ben Bostrom Rocked!

It's formally called the Superbike World Championship, abbreviated by Dorna as SBK, not WSBK (like it used to be known), and more commonly as WSC.

But nice try at the joke.

And, yeah, I have a sense of humor. Just submit your jokes in written form in triplicate, two weeks in advance for approval, thanks.
TeamProBono is offline   Reply With Quote