Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > World Superbike

Old 10-22-2000, 05:59 AM   #1
gixxer
Founding Member

Default Re: Slight Dropped from Castrol Honda

I disagree that Okada is an also ran in 500GP. I thought the move for him to the SBK is a step down.

I do think he will do well in SBK, as he has plenty of experience with 4-stroke.
gixxer is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-22-2000, 08:59 AM   #2
Haga
Founding Member

Default Re: Slight-ed

I agree here 100%. Slight and Corser could put at least one Aprilia in the top 5 by the end of next season. If nothing else it would really move Aprilia ahead by greater leaps and bounds in the experience catagory.
Haga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2000, 09:32 AM   #3
Kiwi
Founding Member

There has been some talk linking Aaron the the new GSE Ducati team with Hodgson. If Ducati's new 998 engine is as hot as the stories say, that might really set the cat among the pigeons. They are using the same chassis and it seems to me most problems with new bikes in WSB seem to revolve around handling. When you consider the surgery that Aaron had (most people wouldn't have their road license back now, let alone be racing!)he has done really well this year. He's definitely been on the pace and just lacking the final 1% required to be challenging for the lead. I'm sure he will be faster after an off-season rest, but will Okada? If the other rumours are true and he goes car racing I wish him good luck and hope he does it in Aussie V8 Supercars so I can watch him on NZ TV. Wayne Gardner was a hard charger in that series with his biggest problem being that the old hands seemed to get a real kick out of giving a World Champion a nudge on the rump to send him spinning into the gravel.

Good Luck Aaron, wherever you end up!
Kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2000, 07:48 PM   #4
badsac
Founding Member

Default Re: Aprilia?

Aprilia had 2 bike in the field this year. Antionello(?) just didn't do to good this year.
badsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2000, 02:30 AM   #5
Kiwi
Founding Member

The GSE ride has been given to Toseland (can't blame them for that...he's a talent) so maybe I will get to cheer for Aaron in an Aussie V8 instead. Maybe instead he'll just retire to Masterton and bring out a dirt bike to blow away the locals at club MX every now and then. Either way he's earned it and given us a real hero to cheer for here in the land of the long white cloud. Good on ya mate!
Old 10-25-2000, 02:33 AM   #6
Kiwi
Founding Member

Wanker!