Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > World Superbike

Old 05-11-2001, 06:40 AM   #1
dickdastardly
Founding Member

Default Re: World Superbike Friday qualifying results from Monza, It

Go Ben!
dickdastardly is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-11-2001, 07:04 AM   #2
Anonymous_Squid
Founding Member

Go Bayliss!! Go Ducati!

Italian bikes are very very specialized beasts,
operating best under the specific rarified
atmospheric conditions present in Italy.

Aprilia - who knew?

- Anonymous_Squid
Anonymous_Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2001, 10:31 AM   #3
FloridaSteve
Founding Member

Might We be seeing the mighty Honda Motorcycle Corporation slip and fall a bit this year... hmmmm... I for one hope so! Viva Italia. GO Aprilia!!!
Old 05-11-2001, 01:27 PM   #4
BONGTOKER
Founding Member

Steve,

Can I please get your opinion on why you dislike Honda? I am just curious because it seems allot of people feel the same way as you do. I for one like Honda but maybe you can shed some light on the subject matter to help me understand it better. I would also like anyone elseÂ’s opinion on this issue of disliking Honda. Thanks for your input.

BONGTOKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2001, 02:01 PM   #5
blademan
Founding Member

I second that. The mighty corporation? Well sir, Duck has one many championships in the last 10 years thanks to Fogarty. Honda won it last year and now they are being "dethroned." If Edwards can't finish #1, god forbid, then I will be rooting for someone else besides Duck. I second the post above, why such hatred towards Honda? They make great, reliable bikes. Can't we all just get along?
blademan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2001, 05:53 PM   #6
irwc1
Founding Member

I think of this as less of a dethroning and more as the post-Fogarty shake up. Who will come forward as the next multi-year champion?

Colin won the championship last year because the stars were right and Haga took some Dexatrim. Colin hasn't looked or acted near as confident this year as the beginning of last year. I think he realized in the off season that he didn't win the championship by dominating and that the field is much stronger this year (the absence of Haga being the exception).

I dig Colin and am a big fan, but last year we had Nori with the drug thing, Corser with a virgin-to-4-stroke team, Ben Boz getting shuffled around, Bayliss only running a partial season, and Chili with a bad collarbone. Clearly it was a weak season for WSB. Colin's gonna have to dig quite a bit deeper this year.

My money's on Corser.
irwc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2001, 01:02 AM   #7
BONGTOKER
Founding Member

You do have some good points Irwc1. I just think it is crazy how Edwards is either on or off. He either wins or is kind of back in the pack. He needs to be more consistent if he wants to win the championship again. Bayliss has been doing well, very consistent but he needs a win. Corser is on fire except for at Phillip Island race with all the rain. The one thing that has bummed me out though is Colins teammate Tady Okada. What the hell is up with his season so far? He has had the worst of luck but I donÂ’t think he has hit his best tracks yet. I think we might see a win out of him.
BONGTOKER is offline   Reply With Quote