Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > World Superbike

Old 04-29-2001, 02:00 AM   #1
bevelheadv2
Founding Member

Default Re: Tamada San wraps up a perfect weekend

Congrats to Troy C. , it's a top effort by anyone to

make it to the podium at Sugo against the local boys, must feel even better to be 42 points ahead of Colin this early in the season, well done !
bevelheadv2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-29-2001, 05:23 AM   #2
kcobb
Founding Member

Yep, Corser is tough, alright. That he finished 6th in race 2 with the rear tire problem is amazing, IMHO. A smart rider. He knew he wasn't going to win so he just tried to as many points as he could. Job done.

Man, the Castrol Honda team must be wondering when the nightmare is going to end. Engine problems the first two events. Then when things were going well for them last week at PI the weather wouldn't cooperate. This week they apparently had serious tire problems. I'm sure they're wondering what they did to anger the racing gods.

That Tamada sure is . "Oh it's not local knowledge or tire setup, we're just so good here in Japan!" Yeah, right buddy. OK Honda, get him in the championship next year and let's see how he does in Europe.

kcobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2001, 05:26 AM   #3
kcobb
Founding Member

Hmm, I wrote "Tamada is c-o-c-k-y". Jeez, why was that bleeped? It's a perfectly fine word.
kcobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2001, 07:51 AM   #4
Haga
Founding Member

Default Re: Tamada Perfect @Sugo

Since when is Neil Hodgson from the US?
Haga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2001, 01:53 PM   #5
thatguyjohn
Founding Member

Hey MO, how about posting the constructors points as well???
thatguyjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2001, 06:45 PM   #6
Zionist
Founding Member

Tomato Tomada. The japs are always good at Sugo cause they race/test there a lot and thier All Japan Championship bikes are better than WSB bikes. Big deal.
Zionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2001, 07:03 PM   #7
rog
Founding Member

I agree they must be wanting to wake up from the nightmare, but strongly believe it was only the great cooperation of the weather that allowed the Hondas to do so well down in Oz. Take a motor that has been failing, reduce power 10% or so, and voila, instant reliability. The SP2 probably is a better bike than the SP1, but it looks like the duc and aprilia have made even more progress this year. Standard manufacturers leapfrogging one another. Maybe Edwards isn't as hungry this year.
rog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2001, 01:00 AM   #8
kenugly
Founding Member

Come on Come on,

their bikes are no better than the WSB bikes (or otherwise the WSB guys would have them, far more important to have the best bikes racing on the world stage as opposed to hiding better bikes away in japan and only bringing them out for this one meeting a year) What they have is track time and plenty of it. It is a big deal really because these guys are going to be the next generation of racers for you to sit back and complain about and all dues to them. Japan is the only country that puts up really good quality top class riders and bikes to give the WSB boys a real run for their money. Any of the WSB riders will tell you that to race in Japan against these guys is the best. If they can beat them in front of the head honchos of japanese racing then it makes them look all the better. You know in japan the WSB guys are regarded as real heros (christ Aaron Slight even has a fully leathered up doll which sells like hot sushi), no one puts them down or slags them off they are treated with reverence and high esteem. These guys race at this track once a year and consistently keep getting faster and faster, something I would wager a bet you couldn't do from your couch.
kenugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2001, 01:04 AM   #9
kenugly
Founding Member

Your right Tomada probably wouldn't be good next year, but the next year watch out. In fact you will probably never see him in WSB, I would say that he will go straight into F1. Hey he's only 25 and he dropped the lap record at Sugo twice in as many laps! Thats balls man.
kenugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2001, 05:26 AM   #10
das
Founding Member

It would seem that the filter is pretty dumb, and doesn't check the *whole* word. The other day, in one of my posts, it bleeped c-u-m-u-l-a-t-i-v-e, fer cryin' out loud. I'm guessing that any discussion of s-h-i-t-a-k-e mushrooms is right out.
das is offline   Reply With Quote