Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > World Superbike

Old 04-30-2001, 04:42 AM   #11
NickdaBrick
Founding Member

Default Re: Tamada Perfect @Sugo

Maybe Tamada races so often at Sugo he can ride the track in the dark without lights, but his biggest advantage, at least in the race I saw, is that he appears to be a phenomenal rider. At least in the race I saw (race 1,) he was motoring away so smoothly from the rest of the pack that it seemed like his bike had twenty extra horsepower. But then I noticed several occasions when I swore he nearly threw it away. It didn't faze him at all; he never slowed, never backed down, and never panicked. He was literally licking the glue on the flap at the edge of the envelope. Of course, lots of the other riders were riding just as hard, but they were going slower. Then it occurred to me that he just might be really talented. I think they guy is probably a future world champ.
NickdaBrick is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-30-2001, 05:16 AM   #12
JasonVS
Founding Member

Default Consonents on the end of all riders' names?

Pretty sick and tired of the darn English commentators doing a hack job of pronouncing everyone's names. There's no R at the end of Tomada's name, for pete's sake. You'd think being broadcast worldwide they's take the 10 minutes time to ask the locals how to say someone's name properly. Or is it just English hubris?
JasonVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2001, 06:35 AM   #13
jimngo
Founding Member

Default Re: Consonents on the end of all riders

It's just BSE (British Standard English). Aluminum=Aluminium, Worcestershire=Woostasher, Gunwale=Gunnel, Drawing=Drorring, etc.
jimngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2001, 06:41 AM   #14
jimngo
Founding Member

Default Kawas on the podium

Hopefully, Kawasaki will now stop b*tching about how their 750s can't compete against the liter twins. Tamada rode really well, but Izutsu and Serizawa were competitive on their green machines.

Kawasaki needs to shut up and put up the money to hire better riders.
jimngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2001, 08:30 AM   #15
Bob
Founding Member

Default Re: Tamada San wraps up a perfect weekend

F1?? you mean GP?
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2001, 08:33 AM   #16
Bob
Founding Member

Default Re: Consonents on the end of all riders

Hyabusa = Hyabusha sounds silly to me!
Old 04-30-2001, 08:34 AM   #17
Bob
Founding Member

Default Re: Kawas on the podium

good point. Kawi looks dead in the water cause they have an old bike and then at Sugo Kawi is always at the front! don't get it. They have better tuners in Japan? better riders??
Old 04-30-2001, 04:13 PM   #18
spindizzy
Founding Member

Well you don't know very much do you. The Japanese race 5 times a year at Sugo and their equipment is often using newer specced parts than even the world SBK boys - the All Japan Superbike Championship is the most prestigious series as far as the Japanese manufacturers are concerned. Japanese tracks are very different in design to European circuits which makes local knowledge even more important. And finally it's tyres - only Dunlop shod bikes performed - that's why Bostrom did so well in the second race and Bayliss did poorly all weekend - look at their results this year and you'd have to admit that Troy is the (slightly) better rider. Take Tamada out of Japan and he'll struggle for a couple of years.
spindizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2001, 08:28 PM   #19
kenugly
Founding Member

Default Re: Tamada San wraps up a perfect weekend

no next year its all F1 remember 2 strokes and 4 strokes. Thats what these jap riders are aiming for.
kenugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2001, 12:31 AM   #20
BammBamm
Founding Member

Chin-pokemon Tamada Spanky-Spanky...ahhh?
BammBamm is offline   Reply With Quote