Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > World Superbike

Old 04-23-2001, 08:46 AM   #1
BONGTOKER
Founding Member

Default Re: Philip Island SBK

This had to be the wildest race I have seen. The weather was just out of control. I was very surprised that they ran the race. If that were the AMA they would have went running home with their tail between their legs.
BONGTOKER is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-23-2001, 09:35 AM   #2
DrEvil
Founding Member

Default Re: Philip Island SBK

I think the lives of the riders are more important than running a race. A little rain is not bad, but there is a limit. SBK should have a set system of rules in place. I belive GP 500 had a similar problem with Roberts last year. The animated discussion between Corser and Tardozzi? Tardozzi is Italian!!!!!

We dont disscuss, we fight to get our point accross!!! DrEvil....
DrEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2001, 10:53 AM   #3
stevegrab
Founding Member

Default Off topic, but need help contacting MO

I've been trying without luck to send some feedback to somebody at MO. I tried Hackfu and Minime (clicking on their name), and after filling out the feedback item I kept getting errors trying to connect to a server (but all other access at MO is working).

The reason I'm trying to contact somebody is...

On Friday, I submitted a news item (using the POST ARTICLE link), about the Willow Springs round of the AMA races being back on again. I submitted this sometime Friday afternoon (Eastern time), but I haven't seen this story anywhere. Is there some sort of review process that has to happen after we do one of these? Or do they even do anything at all? Are they only for MO staff, or is it really meant to allow readers to post an article?

I like the idea of being able to submit a new story when I find something I feel is breaking news. But if I don't have any confidence in this process, I won't be using it.

Thanks for your help in advance. You should have my email address in your database so you can contact me if you don't want to post the comments here.
stevegrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2001, 11:23 AM   #4
hackfu
Founding Member

Default Re: Off topic, but need help contacting MO

Ack. Must have gotten deleted in one of our marathon deleting melees. Post it again and we'll get on it.
hackfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2001, 11:42 AM   #5
minime
Founding Member

Yeah, what HackFu said. Also, e-mail me directly at minime@motorcycle.com or get HackFu on calvin@motorcycle.com if it's something really cool/urgent.

Many people post irritating questions or think it's news when their sister's puppy has twins or when they've had a few too many with the boys and decided to solve all the world's problems by posting their musings at MO or... well, you get the idea. If it's a really good thing, don't hesitate to contact us directly.
minime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2001, 01:05 PM   #6
stevegrab
Founding Member

I emailed you and Hackfu directly. But could you tell me, is the POST ARTICLE thing for what I tried to use it? Should I (or anybody else) bother trying to use it?

stevegrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2001, 02:05 PM   #7
minime
Founding Member

Yeah, it's for motorcycl-related news. It goes into a queue and, if we deem it news-worthy, then we'll post it, crediting the author.

Got your e-mail... trying to get more info, though. Heard a few different stories as to who's going to be promoting it, etc.
minime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2001, 02:10 PM   #8
RRocket
Founding Member

Default Re: Phillip Island SBK

"Ben Bostrom, who had been back in an uncharacteristic 11th.." HUH? Bostrom lived in those teen positions last year! Uncharacteristic..hah..funny.
RRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2001, 03:02 PM   #9
pistonbroke
Founding Member

"The clerk of the course said it was too dangerous but the organisers wouldn't listen to him. He asked me to try to get the race stopped."

>Well it's getting way out of hand when the clerk of the course has no power at a race meeting, especially when due to the there really was no other decission to be made, other than to can the event.

Are we really to believe that he had to run to one of the riders and ask for a rider boycott in order to exercise the power to call of a non-event?
pistonbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2001, 05:16 PM   #10
Haga
Founding Member

Wow... good story had it been posted yesterday like everyone else. It sucks they cancelled the race but probably best for all involved. Since when was someone else out with Edwards? The official SBK site made no mention of anyone other than Edwards going out on a sighting lap.
Haga is offline   Reply With Quote