Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > World Superbike

Old 04-23-2001, 07:56 PM   #11
badsac
Founding Member

Default Re: Phillip Island SBK

Yeah, you could see on the telly Steve Martin going out with Edwards. They were the best two to send since Edwards is World Champ and Martin has done as many laps around PI as anyone.

badsac is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-24-2001, 03:35 AM   #12
sparkx
Founding Member

I only had to ride 2 hrs to Melbourne to get home at legal speeds 100kph (60 mph) let alone 270kph and found it the worst conditions I have had to ride in.
sparkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2001, 04:22 AM   #13
Woodduck
Founding Member

What a Weekend, Friday and the month before was great weather the week before the world MX at Broadford some 200km NE from Phillip Island was great. And it is still raining here on Tuesday and my gear is still wet, we run races here in that weather all the time at Phillip Island, we have only stopped three race meetings in the last 6 years for the same weather. The riders did agreat job any body that can win in that, can call them selfs world champion, you got to win in all conditions.
Woodduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2001, 06:32 AM   #14
stevegrab
Founding Member

They probably meant "uncharacteristic" relative to his performance so far this season. His results so far this year are:

* Valencia 3rd & DNF

* Kayalami 4th & 1st

* qualified 4th

* currently 4th in the championship

So after those results, finishing 11th was uncharacteristic. Why do so many people continue to harp on Bostrom. For a young rider with very little racing experience at a world level I think he is doing very well now.
stevegrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2001, 07:38 AM   #15
hindle
Founding Member

I think people pick on Bostrom because he doesn't go out and ride above his head the first time out on a new bike or new track. He has a very mature approach to learning new tracks and bikes. He takes his time and gets things right the first time. Versus crashing all the time because he is trying to learn to much to fast. Anyway, I like Bostrom and I think he is doing things right. He will win more races and in time maybe win a WSBK championship. We will see.
hindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2001, 09:39 AM   #16
jimngo
Founding Member

Rain Happens. Get used to it. It's a test of skill where everyone is racing on the same track, in the same conditions. I hate to hear that some pansy-ass didn't want to race because it was "too dangerous." And riding a 175HP motorcycle at 180MPH around a dry track isn't? I'm sure Scott Russell would tell you it's not dangerous, especially standing still on the starting grid.

Run the race, damn the weather, and may the most skilled rider win.

jimngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2001, 12:57 PM   #17
kenugly
Founding Member

Default Re: Philip Island SBK

Thats all very well and good, but the report on Hogdson...what does wheelspan mean? Is it the distance from one side of the rim to the other or what. Does he not mean wheelspin.....another case of poor english. Wheelspan jeez
kenugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2001, 04:32 AM   #18
mge
Founding Member

I can tell by your stupid comments that you weren't there.

The track was underwater.

of course, if you're being ironic, then....

you're still stupid.
mge is offline   Reply With Quote