Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > World Superbike

Old 04-03-2001, 04:55 AM   #41
hindle
Founding Member

Default Re: Kyalami Race Two: Bostrom!

This is to poser. I think the Twins have advantages to offer a rider but to me the real differnece between the WSB and AMA comes down to how is riding what.

In the AMA most of your top riders are on inline fours. Mladin, Bostrom, Goebert, T. Hayden. Nicky and Duhamel are the only reason twins have a chance in the AMA.

In WSB it's exactly the opposite. Most of your top dogs ride twins. Baylis, Corsor, Edwards, Bostrom these are the championship contenders in my mind. Chili is fast at times and can win on the Suzuki but like last year he crashed to much.

You can talk about twins versus inline fours all day long but it comes down to the rider. Haga showed that last year by nearly winning the championship.
hindle is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-03-2001, 05:07 AM   #42
RobGixxer750
Founding Member

Default amen Steve

Glad you said it before me, because I had a big explanation of taking things out of context lined up It was said in a totally joking manner, saying he kept pushing harder, but couldn't increase the gap between himself and Bayliss, he was complimenting Bayliss.

Rob
RobGixxer750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 11:02 AM   #43
john
Founding Member

Amen BBD, there are many silent mouths now who were busy flaming bostrom last season. Mr. T says it best "I pity da foo's!!"
Old 04-03-2001, 08:26 PM   #44
lesanto
Founding Member

Default Re: Kayalami or Kyalami?

Woops!

Sorry guys, it is Kyalami!

Must be the effect of the African heat on my English aint-seen-the-sun-in-a-year brain.

I'm thrashing myself with a WSB circuit guide right now...
lesanto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 07:42 AM   #45
sa-zukman
Founding Member

Ben has always been "too nice" about himself and his riding ability. He is always saying how good everyone esle rode and never patting himself on the back, like he should now and again. Ben is a true sportsman. I watched the race and the pass the Colin made on Ben was very cheap, and dangerous, although completly legal. When Colins bike broke down shortly after, the first thing I thought was, "Karma".
sa-zukman is offline   Reply With Quote