Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > World Superbike

Old 04-02-2001, 03:48 AM   #21
BritRider
Founding Member

Default Re: Kyalami Race Two: Bostrom!

Great riding by all riders, however, did anyone notice the major difference in attitudes between Mr "Ego" Edwards and "I'm just glad to be here" Bostrom? No doubt about Colin's ability, but his attitude just makes it easier to cheer when he fails. Ben was really gracious to Troy & Troy, as well as Colin, who could learn a little about sportsmanship from young master Ben.
BritRider is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2001, 05:17 AM   #22
la_picker
Founding Member

Default Re: L&M

Dude, hate to tell you this but you better start bobbin and duckin anyway. You needed an apostrophe in "Bens".

Sorry, couldn't resist pullin your chain

--picker
la_picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2001, 05:27 AM   #23
RobGixxer750
Founding Member

Default bah

Colin has always been a good sportsman. I am guessing you are referring to his comment about almost running into the back of Corser or Bayliss? I noticed the very same thing while watching the race. There were several parts in the track that Colin didn't slow down at all, and everyone else was, or at least backing off the throttle, ie, where he passed Bostrom in race 2.

Even though I think his comment was OK, and not malicious, he doesn't usually do that. It's usually nice comments all around, about the track, riders, and how hard it was to win, etc. Bostrom on the other hand is not usually so gracious and non-, but he is changing it appears, which is great to see, because he's developing into quite the rider (and moreso, he's learning the tracks).

Rob
RobGixxer750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2001, 05:28 AM   #24
RobGixxer750
Founding Member

Default Rider quotes?

Can we get some rider quotes from after Race 2? I really want to know what Honda and Edwards both have to say.

Rob
RobGixxer750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2001, 05:35 AM   #25
BBD_Racing
Founding Member

Default Re: WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND

Huh? Slight hasn't been a factor in how many years? What is shocking about that? Honda pays to win, not to try. And Okada's DNFs are obviously not his fault the freaking engine keeps quittiong. Long nights at HRC are in the future.
BBD_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2001, 05:37 AM   #26
BBD_Racing
Founding Member

You must be one of those people who bought land in Montana and stocked up on canned food to wait out the Y2K disaster.
Old 04-02-2001, 05:42 AM   #27
BBD_Racing
Founding Member

OK, so where are all the punks from last year who panned Boz? Hmmmmm? Go to hell, you wankers.

It is nice to see Ben do well, from all reports, he is a good guy and had a hard time last season.

Bayliss truly is fast, for his sake, I would hope he can keep it off the grass this year.

Some heads must be rolling at HRC right about now. Geeze, when was the last time you saw so many Honda bike failures? Daytona, Valencia, Kyalami. A total of 11 tries and seven of them had problems. Ducati is more reliable than that.

Speaking of reliable, Corser will be very hard to beat this year. Aprilia probably has the best management in motorcycling.
Old 04-02-2001, 05:54 AM   #28
BritRider
Founding Member

Default Listening to post race comments

No, just observing his demeaner lately as someone who is letting his ego show itself a little ("How many points am I ahead now?" second to last race last year)("Bayliss was pissing me off back there" Kyalami first race). I can't speak for Ben before this year, but from what I've seen both on Speedvision, and his gracious accolades to Troy B, Troy C and Colin, it just appeared that he was being more humble.
BritRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2001, 06:41 AM   #29
Poser
Founding Member

That is something really new- Ducatis more reliable than Hondas!

Is there a reason that the four cylinder bikes are not as competitive in WSB? I realize that the rules are different from AMA superbike, but is the difference the riders or do the rules favor twins in WSB?
Poser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2001, 07:57 AM   #30
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

That's what it seems like, but the only fours that we really competitive were the Yam and the Suz but the Suz is new this year and the Yam, well, there is no Haga. So look who Yamaha (Borja) Kawasaki (Lavilla and Yanagawa) and Suzuki (Chambon and Chili) have riding for them... Technicially, the fours should still have a hp advantage but it hasn't been that way the last two years. Hagas bike had some power to it, and so did chilis old bike but he had a few DNFs and Crashes last year.
Joe_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote