Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > World Superbike

Old 03-31-2001, 03:26 PM   #11
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Why do I even bother?

How can we argue with such a social and economic whiz as yourself? Peek your head out from Marx's manifesto for a second and take a look at the real world, . South Dakota is has one of (if not the) lowest median income in the United States, and one of the lowest crime rates as well. The observable evidence completely debunks your theory. South Africa has steadily placed higher and higher restrictions on weapons ownership and use, and has seen a coorespondingly higher crime rate.

P.S. We do not live in a democracy. We live in a representative republic.
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-31-2001, 03:35 PM   #12
Calamari
Founding Member

Default allright jerkoff I'll play

If you are in the U.S leave.

If you are not in the U.S stay out.

Zionist. Isreal right?

How many dead baby headlines can we expect

this week?

If your going to take this attitude with the U.S

I want my F-15's back.
Calamari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2001, 05:21 PM   #13
DougW
Founding Member

Default Re: Riding without licence plates? That

The Brits get one superbike champion now they all are fast riders. I'd be happy if you guys discovered fast food.
DougW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2001, 07:49 PM   #14
kingron
Founding Member

Amen.
kingron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2001, 12:27 AM   #15
HaVoC_X
Founding Member

Default Don

Well I don't know if this trick crossed the border yet from Canada, I'm sure it has but in case it hasn't. Up here from time to time we have a problem with cops harassing us or just following us home if your on a sportbike of any sort. (you can probably tell where this is leading already...) Anyways, If you know you can get away cleanly before he flips his cherries on and gets a clean look at your plate, alot of us have jerry-rigged an automatic car-door lock to our plates wired up to an electric switch bolted onto one of your handlebars (all this stuff you can pick up cheap from any autoparts shop). Anyways. flip the switch and the face of your plate pops up towards the sky so it can't be seen. You have to snap it back into place manually but that's no big deal.

Before you assume I'm some 16yr-old menace to society or something, it ain't like that. Most of the time it never gets used but every once and a while the fuzz has some massive 2-week crack down campaign where simply owning a bike becomes a crime (If you ride your sportbike alot, I'm sure you know what I mean by this) anyways alot of us can't be bothered with that kind of stupidity so the little plate switch helps out here and there...

cheers...
HaVoC_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2001, 04:36 AM   #16
nebo
Registered Member

Odd that I have seen no combination Bike and Gun dealers. Every biker an armed biker makes sense to me- and when they put the radar camera things up to catch us speeding we shoot'em out from behind...

Abe- put some sausage in the pan for me eh?

Thank God for George Bush.

Screw the UN

gotta stop now before I start shooting...
Old 04-01-2001, 07:30 AM   #17
chainhead
Founding Member

Default Re: Why do I even bother?

Also the lowest mean population density in the contiguous U.S...Nice try
chainhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2001, 07:37 AM   #18
chainhead
Founding Member

Default Re: Why do I even bother?

Plus, pal, ya got me wrong on alot of stuff. I'm a firearms owner and strong second amendment advcate. I'm lisenced to carry a concealed weapon in my state and I regularly do. But you can't ignore economic reality, although I must admit you seem to be doing a pretty good job. And I think that Groucho gets a bad rap from most of you arch conservative types.
chainhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2001, 08:51 AM   #19
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default So... Now it's population density?

Just a minute ago it was jealousy that caused crime. "Proletariat vs. Burgeoisie" or something like that? Never mind that the "underclass" in the U.S. is richer than they have ever been. Something like 95% of people on welfare own a TV. 40% own two cars. And they're complaining? If they are, then they're the problem. What difference does it make how much somebody else has? Are you helping to foster simple jealousy and greed? Is it now OK to want something that somebody else has, and ask the government to take it away from them and give it to you?

Oh, I forgot. It's population density that causes crime now. Of course, Japan would pretty much debunk that theory as well, though the police may search your house and arrest you at any time for any reason.
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2001, 10:13 AM   #20
gerrygrande
Founding Member

Oh, they've got fast food. It's called the Whimpy Burger, and eating one is as bad as catching hoof and mouth. You're lucky if you don't break a tooth cuz their idea of filler is grinding up bone with the burger.
gerrygrande is offline   Reply With Quote