Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > World Superbike

Old 03-30-2001, 12:03 PM   #11
VR1000racer
Founding Member

Default Re: Bostrom Fastest at Kyalami

Yamaha sent Haga to GP's and are concentrating resources on developing the 4 stroke GP bike.
VR1000racer is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-30-2001, 12:27 PM   #12
ollie
Founding Member

Yes, I think you're right about Borja-Bostrom. I believe Bayliss replaced Foggy.

ollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2001, 12:44 PM   #13
hackfu
Founding Member

CA sponsors the Williams/BMW team... and from what I've seen, teams that have tobacco sponsors will do just that for there US races. For example, Benson and Hedges became Buzzin' Hornets. Way cool.
hackfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2001, 03:59 PM   #14
BritRider
Founding Member

Unless CA bought Compaq, I don't think they sponsor Williams. CA is a sponsor of the West (tobacco) McLaren/Mercedes team.
BritRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2001, 05:48 PM   #15
Haga
Founding Member

There is anti-tobbacco here in the US... you don't think Honda dropped the Smokin' Joe's thing because they care about your kids do you?
Haga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2001, 05:51 PM   #16
Haga
Founding Member

Default Re: Where is Kawasaki?

Seems to me I heard that same line last year and about 3 months later it was followed by a story(here, again) that there would be no new 750 from Kawasaki, and that it would, in fact, be scrapped due to the supposed new displacement regulations that might bump WSBK up to a level 1000cc for all bikes. Did that rule get stopped somewhere?
Haga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2001, 07:21 PM   #17
neoyetif2
Founding Member

Good point.
neoyetif2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2001, 06:47 AM   #18
stevegrab
Founding Member

Thanks for backing me up on that, Computer Associates is in fact a sponsor on West McLaren/Mercedes team. I'm looking at a picture of a car and sponsor/partner lists at the FIA site.

Compaq, is the partner with BMW Williams. Of course a Brit (BritRider) would know this stuff.

For bonus points who is TicTac (breath mints) a sponsor for?
stevegrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2001, 07:50 AM   #19
BritRider
Founding Member

Actually I'm a yank in FL who rides a Triumph and loves Formula One. Tic Tac, I admit I had to cheat and do the research and I should be beaten as they are the sponsor of my favorite team, Ferrari. Good one Steve
BritRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 06:53 AM   #20
stevegrab
Founding Member

Ok, that explains your name. I followed F1 for a few years (98-00), but now that only Speedvision is showing it (and I don't have it, although I may get it), I've stopped watching. But to be honest, I found the racing very boring. Not much action, very little passing happening. Kind of like race 1 at Kyalami this past weekend. After 3-5 laps, it looked like a high speed parade. Very surprising for motorcycle racing, since it usually has much more passing due in part to the small size of the vehicles on the track, relative to the width of the track.

I didn't recall Tic Tac either, until I saw some car pictures at the FIA site. I still follow F1, reading reports the day after the race usually.
stevegrab is offline   Reply With Quote