Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > World Superbike

Old 03-07-2001, 09:19 AM   #1
Twitch
Founding Member

Default First Post Biznatches

I am excited. Who is with me?
Twitch is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-07-2001, 09:24 AM   #2
BONGTOKER
Founding Member

Default Re: Will Edwards Win the 2001 World Superbike championship?

YO YO YO I be wif you on dat sit dog.
BONGTOKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 09:30 AM   #3
Anonymous_Squid
Founding Member

Default Re: Excited, Baby

Sunday! Can't wait. That Honda Guy is outta

luck this year, though. I am looking forward

to a battle of the Troys! Anyway you look

at it - this year shapes up to be a fantastic

competition, even without our favorite fast

fliers Haga and Fogarty.
Anonymous_Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 11:36 AM   #4
Haga
Founding Member

Wow, this bongtoker guy is even more of an idiot than his name would sugest. Personally, I think Edwards has as good a shot as anyone, although I think this year is a tighter competition with Bayliss in the full year and the Aprilia more sorted. I think the key for Edwards will be Okada being fast and Edwards being the priority on the team... which means a fast rider(in the top 5 or 8 places consistently) blocking for another fast rider is the way to win this year.
Haga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 12:29 PM   #5
john
Founding Member

Can't wait to say James Witham tearin in up. Maybe WSBK won't be down on GP after all.........
Old 03-07-2001, 12:35 PM   #6
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

ain't that what corser and fogarty did, along with slight and edwards.... year before last.

Joe_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 01:11 PM   #7
kenugly
Founding Member

You know, Edwards was such a last year, infact it's the first time I have ever seen banners on the side of the track saying "anyone but Edwards". With Fogarty out last year, and the drama with Haga (stupid by his own actions)Edwards should count himself pretty lucky that the others lost the championship for him to win.He must be a very difficult package for castrol to manage and market. What with his throwing the bubbly bottle on the podium floor, giving the finger on panavision and swearing while being interviewed. It just makes you wonder does he have it in him. He is prone to doing stupid things on the track (the running of Aaron Slight off the track which he admitted afterwards that he could have crawlwed into a hole for doing), the slowing down and looking behind him in germany and sweving erractically all over the track. He seems prone to doing stupid things and the followers of the sport I think can see that. This is the last year for superbikes (and GP's) for that matter before F1 hits us and the entire scene will change. It's a case of who really wants the last WSB title. It's the start of a new season we will all know pretty much whats going on and who will be doing what on Sunday. My bet would have to be Corser he has a lot to prove not only to his detractors, but to Ducati, and to Aprillia who havn't committed to F! but are thinking about it. Can't wait really, roll on Sunday.

kenugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 03:30 PM   #8
BONGTOKER
Founding Member

This guy is calling me and idiot and he cant even spell the word suggest right. I think fifth graders are spelling that word correctly. Maybe it's time for you to go back to school idiot. Don't let the name fool you.
BONGTOKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 06:56 PM   #9
Forgy
Registered Member

Oh boy, here we go... I think it is somewhat unlikely that Edwards will win again this year. If I were a betting man, (and I am), I'd put my money like this:

1.) Bayliss

2.) Edwards

3.) Corser

4.) Hodgson

Last year win was just as much the draw of the cards as anything else. Haga's drug bust, the fact that Bayliss scored more points in the races he competed in than Edwards did, etc.

The Ducatis have been the fastest at both Kayalami and Valencia, with each track's best time scored by a different rider. This is a pretty good indication the bikes are capable. Couple this with Bayliss's maturity and smarts, and it looks like (if the new motors don't blow) a Ducati / Bayliss title in 2001.

JWF
Forgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 02:26 PM   #10
elitegroup
Founding Member

I think he will repeat because of the confidence boost he will have going into the season with the #1 plate. Bayless and Corser wont be a factor, but I'm not counting out hodgson. I think with the R-7 being out of it all the Ducati is the only bike that can beat the Rc-51. Having said that the only rider on a Ducati thats going to beat Collin Edwards is Collin Edwards, you follow me?
elitegroup is offline   Reply With Quote