Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > World Superbike

Old 02-19-2001, 02:01 PM   #1
DrEvil
Founding Member

Default Re: Valencia Quotes from Ducati

Why is Bayliss using the traditional gear-change again??? I heard that the paddle-shifter was approved and met homologation??? DrEvil...
DrEvil is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-19-2001, 03:50 PM   #2
krisd
Founding Member

Yeah, that doesn't make sense. It must have been because the thumb-shifter failed when he was testing recently and he crashed as a result. Evidently it was quite a big off and he bruised his back quite badly.
krisd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2001, 05:40 AM   #3
badsac
Founding Member

I heard that since it's got complicated hydraulics(?), they were worried about reliability. I read they wont be using it at all in races this year. That seems dumb to me. They've got 3 riders. If one ends up going sheet after 4 or 5 race meetings then they should poke him on the bike with the auto change and get the bugs out in a race setting.
badsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2001, 07:47 AM   #4
Team_FAST
Founding Member

How about an article detailing what technical changes various teams are making for the 2001 season? I'd like to know more about Ducati's new gear change system, the new testaretta engine, etc. What is Honda doing to the RC-51? Aprillia has a new motor...what is new about it?

Team_FAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2001, 08:06 AM   #5
ollie
Founding Member

Holy sheet, 1/100th off the top 500 GP time?!? Ben gets my Most Improved award before the season even starts!
ollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2001, 12:27 PM   #6
CarsSuck
Founding Member

maybe it's because paddle shifters don't belong in a production class and they're trying to do the right thing? Yeah right.
CarsSuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2001, 03:55 AM   #7
hamatsu
Founding Member

Default Re: Troy says...

In the latest issue of Superbike (UK mag) Bayliss stated that he didn't care for the new shifter. He said something about it being the lazy man's shifter and likened it to playing Nintendo. If only we all had it so rough, eh ?
hamatsu is offline   Reply With Quote