Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > World Superbike

Old 01-14-2006, 05:48 AM   #11
tomk2
Founding Member

Default Re: Biaggi moves to WSBK with Suzuki.

Rossi vs Biaggi was a big part of the growth of MotoGP popularity a few years back. It wasn't that long ago that WSB was the premier series and the 500cc Grand Prix wasn't.

In a couple of years when Rossi is gone and the 800cc MotoGP grids are down to 10-12 bikes that are lapping slower, WSB will be on top again.
tomk2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-14-2006, 06:22 AM   #12
giganto
Registered Member

Not that anythings WRONG with that... neigh.
giganto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 06:29 AM   #13
nomad62
Registered Member

I gotta agree with all the Biaggi naysayers. Yeah, badrap Repsol, cause they just ain't with your program, apparently. Why should they cater to a has been, anyhow? Moto GP is for up and comers like Nicky Hayden and been good forevers like Valentino. Not glue factory hanger ons like Max! How long will the Suzuki ride work out for him with a trojan like Corser around. Corser can ride anything and win. Max may fool me, but I wouldn't bet on it.
nomad62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 08:51 AM   #14
imported_g_k
Registered Member

It's really unfortunate that the Alstare Suzuki Team management doesn't monitor this site - think of all the money they could've saved by realizing Biaggi has no chance? They've somehow deluded themselves into thinking that he's still capable of winning - they're clearly not nearly as well informed as many of the experts that grace this forum with the benefits of their vast knowledge and experience. Pretty sad.

On the other hand, I wonder how many of the previous posters have actually ever met Biaggi (or Rossi)? Could it be possible that they're basing their opinions on reading race reports and watching the "Faster" DVD? Nah - that's just not possible.
imported_g_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 04:34 AM   #15
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

All right... I'll jump in. The guy isn't going to win the "Congeniality award", I doubt he cares. The guy may be a World Class A-hole, whatever... Ultimately self-defeating, yes. Gay?

But... I'll always remember "Mad Max" in his early 250 days, before he won his 4 World Championships. He was Wild!!! Win Big or Crash Big is all he seemed to do.

I am disappointed that he couldn't get a good (any) MotoGP ride, weak year for him, fifth in the World. I was hoping the Kawasaki/Bridgestone deal would go through.

MotoGP's loss is WSB's gain IMHO. I thought spec-tires and factory pull-out/pull-backs signaled the end of a once viable series (WSB). I'm glad to have been wrong! WSB '06 is looking to be very good indeed with a strong Factory presence and, clearly, several World Class Riders fighting it out.

Finally... Corser coming off a Dominant World Championship season (and Suzuki hires the Honda guy that finished second to him to MotoGP?). Bayliss right up to speed on the 'ol Duc... Several other notables and ... Max, a guy that has been in the top 5, in the World, for the last half dozen years. Like him or not, Dude, he can ride. Could be good.
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 04:35 AM   #16
motonut_1
Founding Member

Well, let's see. How many years was it between world championships for Troy Corser. And now he seems to be the darling of this group. True, he isn't a complainer, but does that make him a faster rider. Seems to me that Troy is definitely a front runner. The question is, in my mind, is he a racer. Will he be able to win when the competition gets hot and heavy, bumping and grinding, getting stuffed and restuffing, cuz, he won't have the advantage this year that he did last year? From what I've observed of Troy, he doesn't like that style of racing.

The competitive fire still burns within Max, and, if the Suzuki suits him, he'll be faster and a harder racer than Troy. If it does't, this is the last stop for him. He's burned every other bridge.

Regardless, WSB will be the best series to watch this year with the best racing. Can hardly wait to see them battle it out!
motonut_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 07:40 AM   #17
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

<blockquote> The competitive fire still burns within Max, and, if the Suzuki suits him, he'll be faster and a harder racer than Troy. If it does't, this is the last stop for him. He's burned every other bridge. <blockquote>

I can see it now, Biaggi taking orders down at your local McDonalds:

"You-a Want-a Fries wit'-a that-a? Ah, I hate-a this-a Job! The Fryers - they-a no have-a any-a POWER......."

Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote