Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > World Superbike

Old 01-26-2001, 07:49 AM   #1
hoyt
Founding Member

Default Re: Ducati tests at Kyalami - Honda still faster

It will be interesting to see if Bostrom can match these time now that he has the tires he whined for.
hoyt is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-26-2001, 08:07 AM   #2
darkspy
Founding Member

Go Honda!!!!!!! Show those Italian bikes what you are made of!!!!!!!
darkspy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2001, 08:17 AM   #3
starvingstudent
Founding Member

They may not have "bragging rights" or "street cred", but I always knew that Honda had the goods. Go Big Red!

Starving Student
starvingstudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2001, 12:10 PM   #4
FieryErmine
Founding Member

Yes, I'm sure you'd talk this way if you were face to face with this man. Internet squids sure have a lot of guts from behind their keyboards.

And Bostrum came out ahead of the works riders at more than one race last year on the tires he was "whining" about. Feel free to quote an article where Bostrum was "whining" about his tires last year to justify your juvenile hostility.

Then again, I suppose you might be a juvenile, I guess that's the way they talk. If that's the case, I'm sorry to hold you to a higher standard.

Ermine

FieryErmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2001, 01:44 PM   #5
wingdave
Founding Member

Default Honda street cred?

I agree wih the bragging rights comment, but wasn't it honda that threw the first superbike out there?

The cb750?

Wasn't the interceptor the first "bullet bike?"

Legitimate questions.

Don't flame me.. the pain!
wingdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2001, 01:58 PM   #6
motorpsycho
Founding Member

Default Re: it looks to me like

Amen brother! The Japanese are famous for reverse-engineering products. They can't build crap otherwise.
motorpsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2001, 05:29 PM   #7
starvingstudent
Founding Member

Default Re: Honda street cred?

You are absolutely correct.

However, most squids have an extremely short memory and do not remember anything before the 996 and the R1. Within 2 years, even those will be forgotten with the tetrastretta (or however you spell it) and the GSX-R1000. They also do not look at actual supersport wins (heavily honda-favored) and consider only stats and fancy paintjobs.

I wouldn't flame you about "street cred"--my bike (shadow 600) plus my probable next bike (CB750) have street cred only for practicality and reliability. Not squid stuff.
starvingstudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2001, 12:33 AM   #8
jota
Founding Member

Honda are still squirming about having to make a Ducati of their own in order to compete with the real thing. When you compare the size of the companies and the budgets involved, it just makes Ducati even more impressive.
jota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2001, 01:14 AM   #9
sccracing
Founding Member

yes, ducatis are very nice indeed, but hondas and other japanese bikes are just plain faster, and when im on a sport bike or thinking about one, all i think about is speed and the engineering for other aspects will be very good for a japanese bike also, just as good and sometimes better than a ducati. what im saying is that a ducati will handle good and go fast, but a japanese bike will do everything better. we all know its true.
sccracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2001, 01:24 AM   #10
sccracing
Founding Member

Default Re: it looks to me like

if its already been done, what else is there to do but improve on existing technology? please dont make a out your self with thoughtless comments like that one.

proven: japanese bikes are faster and better in every other way a bike can be better. yes they had to build a ducati to beat a ducati, but how come the japanese can build something better than the inventor??? simple my fellow rider; engineering prowess. look at their flag for god sakes, the sun of the world...they thrive on being the best, its that mentality that makes their products so damn deliciously good. mmm, mmm.
sccracing is offline   Reply With Quote