Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > World Superbike

Old 02-28-2005, 04:44 AM   #31
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: The Empire (Japan) Strikes Back

I don't know man. He started right in with his psychotic Red State- Blue State stereotyping. Total meltdown is imminent. Escape while you can.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-28-2005, 05:27 AM   #32
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Default Re: World Superbike: Ducati's Laconi On Pole

Sorry Buz, I got no problem with Speedtv making money off Nascar. I have a problem with the show selections. On sunday they had Snowmobile Grass Drag Racing , Luge World Championships, International Bobsledding, and 2 hours of snowcross.

Someone at speedtv programming has a very warped view of what would pull some ratings in. Then to schedule WSB delayed broadcast till tuesday, afternoon, instead of sunday makes less sense.

Unless I'm totally out of touch with reality (a distinct possibility), a WSB race should pull a bigger crowd than Snowmobile Grass Drag Racing and Luge World Championships combined.

Okay, I feel better now, the medications hitting now.... look at the pretty flowers....
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 06:06 AM   #33
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Well the California 500 was Sunday so they weren't going to program motorcycle racing opposite of that.

They've got this whole Two Wheel Tuesday thing going so that seems to be the best way to get maximum ratings.

Did you notice all the "guy" movies programed opposite the Academy Awards last night? Not a chick movie to be found.

I guess I'd rather see racine tape delayed than not at all.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 06:47 AM   #34
nokneedragin
Founding Member

I actually pointed it out to my sig other, talked her into watching road warior uncut, and uninterupted.

Thought the costumes where better than the AA also. I surrendered the remote to her so she could watch law and order later.

Yes, a delayed race is better than none, its better than it used to be; but same day broadcast should be level we demand from speed.
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 09:05 AM   #35
pdad13
Founding Member

Whoa, there, nelly. I happen to like inline fours a lot. I own one now. I was just pointing out that Ducati is still very competitive.

That being said, I'm picking up a leftover Daytona 955i next week or the week after. The big four liter bikes are really exquisite machinery, but I don't need 150-160 hp (nor do I want to be confused with many of the clueless squids around my parts.) And since virtually all of my riding will be confined to the street, the Daytona is plenty.

130 hp is even way overkill as far as I'm concerned, but the price was right and I couldn't resist.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 09:37 AM   #36
seruzawa
The Toad

Dumping the CBR1000F, eh?
Old 02-28-2005, 10:25 AM   #37
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

test
Old 02-28-2005, 10:25 AM   #38
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

test
Old 02-28-2005, 11:01 AM   #39
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Is it my imagination, or did somebody erase a lot of posts on this tread? VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 11:19 AM   #40
seruzawa
The Toad

If that's the price we have to pay for a Kidiot filter, then it's one I'm willing to pay.