Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > World Superbike

Old 08-01-2003, 09:52 PM   #1
Benji155
Founding Member

Default Re: BBC Moto Website

and?
Benji155 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-01-2003, 11:34 PM   #2
KPaulCook
Banned

Found this site a couple weeks ago. I agree.. My wife bought me a subscription to Bike magazine of the U.K. $100 Plus for U.S. subscription. Bike is a beautiful mag the Playboy of Motorcycle mags. If you want to see a country with out Harleys and a nation in love with sportbikes pick up Bike. The writing and photography are much better than U.S. "rags"
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 04:53 AM   #3
sarnali
Founding Member

Very true British bike magazines and web sites are great, They consider a VFR a touring bike, their idea of a cruiser is a 954RR because it's slower than a GSXR.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 09:32 AM   #4
xlr8r
Founding Member

Sorry, KPaul, but Bike is bland, and most of the other Brit bike mags are just interested in encouraging their readers to do dumb things which eventually mean crashes and broken limbs. Cycle World in the U.S. is better written, Motorrad in Germany has the best all-round coverage, and France's Maximoto has better photography and layout than Bike. But if you want to see a really inventive custom and cruiser magazine, where people build their own instead of just adding so-called 'custom' parts from a high-buck store, check out Back Street Heroes, Britain's seriously alternative bike mag. And if you like modern bikes but hate sportbikes, go to France's Cafe Racer.

Europe speaks many languages of bike, you know...
xlr8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 01:43 PM   #5
KPaulCook
Banned

Default My view

Currently I receive Cycle World, Sport Rider, American Rider, and Motorcyclist. I consider Motorycyclist better than Cycle World and Sport biker better than both in terms of riding skills. Cycle world has an age problem in their staff of writers. However, Bikes in depth article about riding style was better still and the photos are just so much better than the American Rags. To each his own.
Old 08-03-2003, 05:55 AM   #6
CBRRRRRR
Founding Member

Default Re: My view

Have you read the English "Ride" magazine? It's similar to Bike but much more technical and extreme... How about taking a 40,000 mile R1 and check blueprint in an article about how reliable used bikes can be?

Performance Bikes is also a good one.
Old 08-03-2003, 09:47 AM   #7
xlr8r
Founding Member

I take your point about the age of CW's contributors. The photos in the best European magss still beat Bike, though.

CBRRRR: Yes, Ride is good - it's produced by the same people who do Bike, Perfprmance Bikes and Motor Cycle News, by the way, and they share resources - but the idea of blueprinting a high-mileage used bike to see how it's holding up was started by Motorrad in Germany some twenty years ago.
xlr8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 06:41 PM   #8
KPaulCook
Banned

No I haven't read Ride. Sounds like I need to get a copy for those rainy days in Seattle Thanks.