Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > World Superbike

Old 07-13-2003, 10:45 AM   #1
bwarbiany23
Founding Member

Default Re: Laguna Underway: Crash(es)!

1st post!!!

I guess Mladin couldn't keep his tires working... Too bad about E-Boz though...

bwarbiany23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-13-2003, 12:01 PM   #2
brickl
Founding Member

Default How comical!

Mladin meets the Podium Nazi -- No Podium for YOU!!!

I don't think Mladin's ever met a tire he could use for an entire race. Even the second tier of the "Ducati Cup" seemed to be able to dispense with him easily.

Shame EBoz couldn't have raced. All the bikes looked pretty closely matched power-wise, so I think his style may have offered a better chance against this WSB crew than Mladin.
brickl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 01:26 PM   #3
obandoj
Founding Member

Nice going Aaron (crash and burn) Yates, even your number one fan (Dave Sadowski) is not going to have too many nice things to say about you!

That had to be the stupidest move you have made in a while, and we know how many stupid moves you have made, VIR and Road America come to mind.

Were you trying to win the race in the first turn?

What you did was ruin the race for Bostrom, destroy some very expensive equipment and confirm the fact that you don't give a flying sh!t about your fellow racers and people in general. Suzuki and Yoshimura need to really think about the kind of competitors they hire to represent their teams, yes I know that winning is everything, but at what cost?
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 09:12 PM   #4
KPaulCook
Banned

Default How comical your post is!!! Defending Mladin

Let see Mladin wins the AMA superbike race then he goes out sets the pole for the WSB, and then finishes 4th with a restrictor plate fitted Suzuki on a obviously inferior Dunlop tire. Put him on Michelins and his AMA bike and he wins.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 09:18 PM   #5
KPaulCook
Banned

Default KPaul the Motorcycle prophet and Mladin fan

I KPaul, MO's own motorcycle prophet, sucessfully predicted the outcome of the AMA superbike race. Mladin 1st, Yates second and EBoz third.

For all you Mladin critics think about this
[*]Mladin wins the AMA superbike race[*] Mladin then goes out sets the pole for the WSB,[*] Mladin then finishes 4th with a restrictor plate fitted Suzuki on a obviously inferior Dunlop tire.

Put him on Michelins and his AMA bike and he wins.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 09:41 PM   #6
mad1
Founding Member

MO Staff:

Not to b*tch about my $11.94's worth here (Which, BTW, I think has paid for itself many times over at this site), but why a halfway report? Sure, you guys have a life too, but at least 5 lines of race results would have been nice.....
mad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 09:54 PM   #7
stormcloud
Founding Member

Default How comical you are!

How many times has Mladin won the USA championship?

How is he going this year?

Your post seems to ignore the results of this great motorcycle racer.

Mind you, I would also like to have seen EBOZ have a good go, too.

stormcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 10:10 PM   #8
brickl
Founding Member

Default Re: KPaul the Motorcycle prophet and Mladin fan

KPaul, you obviously did not watch the same WSB race I did. Mladin was being passed in the CORNERS due to his inability to select and hold a tight line. Even the guys on last year's Duc waxed him, usually in turns 3 and 5. That's got not his bike's fault, it's his. If his bike were so inferior to the steel framed, single-sided-swingarmed, decade-old-design Vtwin, why didn't said Vtwins blast by him on the straight where it would have been less challenging?

Bottom line is that you take the clear HP advantage away from Mladin and you're left with a mediocre pro racer. You give EBoz Mladin's bike and you'd have EBoz domination.

Why do you think Mladin inked his multi-year deal w/ Suzuki recently instead of waiting until AFTER he's crowned AMA champ? That doesn't make much sense if you want to negotiate from strength, right? In his case, even if he wins the championship, he knows that he'll never have a stronger case than right now. By mid-season next year he'll have Kwak, Honda, Yamaha, and perhaps another MFGR breathing down his neck when they begin to really dial in their bikes. And then it'll be back to the same old "I'm Mat and my bike's a lump of blubber" whining from him.

As far as the obviously inferior Dunlop goes, there were Duc guys out there on the same Dunlump tires who had no problems. Mladin never saw a tire he didn't waste in the first half of the race. Telling him to conserve his tire is futile and is one of the main reasons he's an overrated pilot.

Oh, and BTW, why did Yates not burn up the course against these panty-waist Ducati riders? I mean, let's be honest, if you watch other WSB races, Lavillia's GSXR is not at a massive HP deficit to the Duc, and Laguna is not a big HP track. So where were the AMA guys?

EBoz was the only AMA guy capable of really running with this WSB crew, that is until Yates had to try to win the race on the second turn. All in all, a pretty sad showing from the AMA Suzi jaggoffs.
brickl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 02:59 PM   #9
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default What About Bussei?

>>...teammate Aaron Yates fourth and Kawasaki's Eric Bostrom the only other AMA Superbike rider in the field....<<

While not a wild card, as he already was competing in the WSB, Bussei is the new current rider for the AMA Ducati Austin team (replacing the fired Gobert), and made a damned impressive showing.

Last seen in WSB languishing back in the vacinity of 14th place on a Yamaha R1, he did a great job of stepping into GoShow's boots and giving the team probably its best weekend ever (and himself his best ever WSB finish). I think we will see a lot more of this guy!

Regards

Bob
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 10:58 PM   #10
stormcloud
Founding Member

Default Re: KPaul the Motorcycle prophet and Mladin fan

Mediocre ??

What bike did he win 3 championships on??

How did that bike do anywhere else in the world.

How has ANY inline four gone in championships around the world since the late 80's?

Have a look at his record - go on, go back as far as you can.

Mladin has been a world class racer for over a decade, and beaten the likes of Bayliss and Corser to championships.

Like him or not, his talent is without doubt.

stormcloud is offline   Reply With Quote