Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > World Superbike

Old 06-16-2003, 03:09 PM   #11
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Big Deal Ducati wins another Ducati Cup race

There you go again.... confusing the issue with facts!!

You're no fun at all.

Bob, stop now. Before you fall any further into the blackhole of KPaul's Circular Universe of Logic. Don't get sucked in.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-16-2003, 03:10 PM   #12
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Yeah it's Terrible

Stop now! Before it's too late!
Old 06-16-2003, 04:04 PM   #13
jmeyn
Founding Member

Default Re: Excellent idea

Just sign up at the Dorna/Tiscali website and pay E39.95 for a season subscription. You need more than a 55K modem though. You can watch MotoGP, 250 GP and 125 GP, QP1, QP2 and the Race live (ten minute delayed, actually). Even with DSL, the live picture is quite grainy.

It's one of the worst run websites I've seen, but it's still worth the money. Absolutely dripping with multimedia content.
jmeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 04:10 PM   #14
jmeyn
Founding Member

Default Errata: Bad link to Dorna

Sorry, try this. You must hit the back arrow multiple times to get back to MO from this link.
jmeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 05:29 PM   #15
brickl
Founding Member

Default Re: Ducati Cup, as opposed to AMA Suzuki Cup

I agree, Bob. I don't understand all these folks lamenting the lack of diversity in WSB. The math doesn't come close to supporting their argument.

60% of the WSB grid at Silverstone were Ducatis.

80% of the AMA Superbike grid at Road America were Suzukis.

31% of the MotoGP grid at Catalunya were Hondas, BTW.

The "ducati cup" whiners need to get some perspective.
brickl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 04:44 AM   #16
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Please, Please Folks!

Let's not confuse KPaul with the facts. Let him live in his little inline four world, where Ducati is a dirty word and he can feel better about himself for buying a bike that is basically useless on the street.
Old 06-17-2003, 10:18 AM   #17
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Apples and Oranges pals and one word for you idiots

One word: Privateer.

You take out the privateers in AMA and then do the math you idiots. AMA has how many factory teams?
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 10:21 AM   #18
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Racing for dummies.

You fackin idiot. AMA and MotoGp has more diversity from serious factory teams. The reason for WSB drawing well is that folks remember the old days between Honda and Ducati (where Honda won by the way) and the general popularity of motorcycling in Europe.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 11:04 AM   #19
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: Racing for dummies.

AMA "serious factory teams" would only include Honda and Suzuki. A one-bike Kawasaki effort that gets no factory support and that makes do with an 8-year old design is not a serious factory team in my book. It IS a very professional effort supported financially by Kawasaki USA but it hardly compares to the kinda support that Honda and Suzuki get in AMA or that Ducati, Suzuki and Proton get in WSB. The AMA Ducati teams are certainly NOT serious factory teams. Ducati Austin are the guys who ran a Harley Superbike effort with such notable success -- not knocking them but they are not in the league of the Erion or even Bruce Transportation Honda teams -- plus they just fired their rider (Gobert) who has tons of talent but has basically p!ssed most of it away in recent years.

The WSB has full factory teams from Ducati, Suzuki and Proton, as well as very serious non-factory (or semi-factory) teams.

Do you suppose that the 83,000 fans who came to Silverstone came thinking that Colin would still be there? I bet a bunch came to watch the wild card Rizla Suzukis of Reynolds and Kagayama, and the MonsterMob Ducatis challenge the factory Ducatis. Not to mention to watch the HM Plant Ducatis (non-factory, but still very serious) and the factory Suzukis all fight it out up front. Sounds like they got their money's worth.

Cheers

Bob
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 11:28 AM   #20
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: Apples and Oranges pals and one word for you idiots

>>AMA has how many factory teams?<<

In a word, two (OK 3 if you count EBoz' Kawasaki as a factory team -- I don't)

WSB: 3 (Ducati, Suzuki and Proton).

AMA has at most 6 factory bikes (BBoz, Kurtis, Miguel, Mat, Aaron and, arguably, EBoz)

WSB has at least 6 (Hodgson and Xaus - Ducati, Lavilla and Vittorio - Suzuki, Corser and Haydon - Petronas) plus the 2 Kawasaki Bertucci entries are probably as "Factory" as is EBoz' bike, and at Silverstone there was a Team HRC wildcard (on, I believe, Colin's old bike). Plus, there is a very professional 2-bike Yamaha team out of Italy that is, I believe, at least partially funded by Yamaha Italy. How many Yamahas are contesting AMA SuperBike?

rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote