Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > World Superbike

Old 09-09-2002, 08:40 PM   #21
john
Founding Member

Default Re:VTR Running Dual Pipes!

Honda apparently put on a bunch of new HP parts after Suzuka........edwards had definitely made up the HP deficiency compared to the ducati....exhaust is prolly just one of many changes made within the last few rounds.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-10-2002, 06:15 AM   #22
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: Why Xaus?

You are, of course, exactly right. My comment was not a reflection on Xaus (or on Haga either, for that matter) so much as it was on the combination -- both are very talented, but somewhat erratic, riders (and are two of my personal favorites). I guess if I were team manager, I would have one of them and a more steady, reliable rider for the other spot.

Regarding the advantage of Xaus being Spanish -- given the huge popularity of motorcycle racing in Spain (check out the attendence figures for the Spanish rounds of both SBK and GP), and the fact that Spain is a huge market, this is a VERY BIG DEAL.
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 06:53 AM   #23
hawkrider
Founding Member

Default Re:VTR Running Dual Pipes!

That makes sense, did anyone notice if the Suzuka Cabin Honda SP2's were running two pipes?
hawkrider is offline   Reply With Quote