Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   World Superbike (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/world-superbike/)
-   -   Foggy Returns to Racing... in a Car (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/world-superbike/134-foggy-returns-racing-car.html)

roadload 11-16-2000 03:30 PM

Re: Foggy Returns to Racing... in a Car

I saw interview of fogerty somes months back and he had indicated that he did not particularly like to ride motorcycles.

I think this is perfert for him. So long as partcipates in endeavors that requires helmets to cover his ugly mug that is fine with me.

There should be a law about letting the british smile.

bikearch 11-16-2000 07:41 PM

Best in the buisness.....thats debateable. Besides i never, can you read, said that he was a bad motorcycle roadracer.

Also you must be british.....why else would you defend such a ****head!

DougW 11-16-2000 09:33 PM

Yes he was the man when he raced for Honda. Wait a second...did he even win a race on the Honda?

hubec 11-16-2000 10:38 PM

Show Me Where Foggy Shed The Blame!

I've never read or heard of Carl blaming him, I have read where carl himself took the blame. Stop being a gossipy jerk.

roadload 11-17-2000 07:31 AM

Even if i am a arshole that does not change the fact that faggerty is a complete ****head!

roadload 11-17-2000 08:15 AM

Truley astounding! Why is it that you brits always bring up the American war of independence.

To me we just exchanged on set of shackles for another. Yes now that he is out of bikes who cares.

Oh by the way my teeth are fairly crooked (Youthfull accidentss) so my play on the teeth bit was sort of tongue in cheek.

As far as ingnorance of the world....carefull on that one for I do believe, judging by some of the comments on M0, that the ignorance of the world outside of certain particular interest runs on both sides of the atlantic.

cheers! as you dudes (Blokes) would say.

NickdaBrick 11-17-2000 08:49 AM

Foggy should do well. Racing a car and racing a bike have a lot in common -- both require a lot of composure and sensitivity to things like traction, track position, etcetera. Being an ex world champ, he doesn't need to learn anything about braking markers or the fast way around the track -- he just has to make minor adjustments to the knoweldge he already has. He's certainly very competitive, and has good reflexes. Plus, now that Foggy is in a steel cage, he will be able to run over other drivers in the pits.

knackered 11-17-2000 11:40 AM

Just like there should be a law about letting Americans talk?

DougW 11-17-2000 07:01 PM

But he isn't even near the top echelon of riders that have raced over the years. He is an extension of the bike he rode with success. Top riders win on bikes that others can't even ride competetively.

SamBlob 11-18-2000 07:51 AM

The next John Surtees, perhaps?

I'd love to see him go up against Michael Schumacher. If Schumacher crashes into him to preserve his points situation (as Schumacher is wont to do; probably learned that tactic from the late Ayrton Senna, may God rot his soul), Foggy will simply rip his head off, and that will be that.