Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (
-   World Superbike (
-   -   Misano WSB race results (

Huss 06-25-2002 05:50 AM

Re: Misano WSB race results
It seems a shame that Michelin is so far ahead right now versus Dunlop. Maybe Bostrom should switch?...

DurangoKid 06-25-2002 09:00 AM

I can't imagine it would be a simple as switching. Bostrom's teams, as well as Haga's, are saddled with the Dunlops for the time being. Their only option is to develop the Dunlops.

Also, it was the switch from Bostrom's "beloved" Dunlops in Y2K that almost did his SBK career in. I am not so sure that Bostrom would endorse any switch.

DucButt 06-25-2002 02:34 PM

According to Edwards, Bostrom's troubles are his Dunlops. I'm sure his motivation has waned along with the grip from his tires. Shame really - because Xaus obviously isn't a match for Bayliss. I'd like to see someone else join the "Troy and Colin World Tour". Come on, Dunlop - cough up the goods so Ben and Nori can play in the big show.

See ya'll at Laguna - turn 9 camping, yeehaa

KPaulCook 06-26-2002 09:13 AM

Yawn Oh suprise Ducati wins again. So Boring wait till next year when the rules change.

crg 06-28-2002 07:07 AM

I agree, BBoz said he had too much trouble coming to grips (pardon the pun) with the Michellins. It may have been just one too many changes to adapt to when he went to WSB, and needed something familiar for a baseline.