Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > World Superbike

Old 05-27-2002, 08:15 AM   #1
4in6
Founding Member

Default Re: Silverstone qualifying times and quotes

Edwards won the first race after Bayliss crashed. Bayliss won the second race. Get on the ball guys you race updates ARE A DAY LATE AND A DOLLAR SHORT. I am making the call now you guys need to start interviewing Edwards more! He is going to win the championship. His best tracks are coming up. Bayliss bairly held him off last year with a bigger points advantage. Chalk one up for the Texas Tornado it's all over but the cryin for Bayliss
4in6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-27-2002, 01:12 PM   #2
jhayton
Founding Member

I'll second 4in6 on the day-late stuff. You know, you guys should consider having someone responsible for updating the race results on the day they happen (as does roadracingworld.com for free!). At present, although I subscribe here, I get all my racing news first over at the RRW site.

As for the "Texas Twizler", well I reckon he may find it a little tougher to challenge Bayliss that 4in6 suggests. There are a lot of other spoilers on the track - I expect BBoz and 'Nearly Neil' to take a few more podiums (podia?) before the years end... roll on Laguna Seca!
jhayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2002, 04:13 PM   #3
vfrpinckney
Founding Member

I have to disagree with 4in6.

Edwards would have the championship in the bag any other year--but not this time. Bayliss "barely" held him off? Bayliss clinched at Assen. Bayliss only enjoyed a 19 pt advantage over Edwards at this point in the season last year (Corser was in 2nd--17 pts back). Edwards finished ahead of Bayliss 4 times following Brands Hatch last year; Bayliss finished ahead of Edwards 8 times. Results are here:

http://info.motonline.com/sbk/pdf_20...and_RProgr.pdf

The *only* way that Edwards will win is if Bayliss experiences an injury and/or mechanical DNF's. I've got nothing but respect for Edwards (he may want to re-think the moustache, though), but Bayliss just seems to be able to dig a little deeper.
vfrpinckney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2002, 08:30 PM   #4
RobF4i
Founding Member

I completely agree, especially on the mustache.
RobF4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 04:28 AM   #5
BBD_Racing
Founding Member

Thanks a lot, Buttmeister. I haven't been able to watch the race yet and because of you, it will be pretty anticlimatic.

Dork.
BBD_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote