Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > World Superbike

Old 05-22-2002, 12:56 PM   #1
bluyzfr6
Founding Member

Default Re: Ducati preview of Silverstone

What happened to Ben Bostrom???
bluyzfr6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-22-2002, 02:05 PM   #2
Bryan8252
Founding Member

I wish I knew. My guess is that he must have some really tough mental stuff going on--his head just isn't right. He's not even competitive, and the tire problem or a potential team problem aren't enough to cause that bad a result in and of themselves, in my view. If one can't be competitive on a current factory Ducati--then there are serious problems somewhere. If I'm Ducati Corse, I can look around and see that there are several riders out there much better than Ben at the moment, including his own brother. I hope he turns it around--he's a great kid--but he is only getting worse results as the season goes along. A shame really.
Bryan8252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 02:12 PM   #3
McScoob
Founding Member

He seems to have consistantly outperformed Xaus in the races.
McScoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 05:00 PM   #4
Bryan8252
Founding Member

True--but BB is in his prime years. Xaus is a snot nosed kid just learning how to ride. People like Hodgen and others with obsolete bikes are essentially in a dead heat with BB in points and in some races have beaten him badly. Not trying to be negative, just real disappointed in his performances (as I'm sure he is) because I don't think he's riding nearly up to his talent level. But, I'm rooting for him as always.
Bryan8252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 09:38 PM   #5
DucButt
Founding Member

I agree with you, Bryan - I first thought his poor performance could be the fault of the Dunlops, since most of the Dunlop riders were off the pace at first. Then, at the last race Hodgson on Dunlops was right there with Edwards and Bayliss - and well ahead of Ben on a newer Ducati. I came to the same conclusion - that he must have some motivation/mental problems. This is what separates the champions like Bayliss, Edwards and Rossi from the rest - consistency. Under the right circumstances, I really think Ben is the fastest rider out there, with perhaps Nori in the same talent category. I really hope Ben gets it right soon, and I do think he will perform much better in the latter part of the season.

Go Ben
DucButt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 05:41 AM   #6
Forgy
Registered Member

Looks like weather might have had something to do with Ben's 12th place in practice.
Forgy is offline   Reply With Quote