Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > World Superbike

Old 04-07-2002, 06:13 PM   #1
fastducatirider
Founding Member

Default Re: Philip Island victory to a twin

What, nobody wants to say anything?

Well, I guess I'll say that I wish I had a satellite dish....

and secondly, is the championship in the bag for Bayliss??

-peter-
fastducatirider is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-07-2002, 06:35 PM   #2
RobF4i
Founding Member

I don't think there is anyone who can beat Bayliss this year. He hasn't put a wheel wrong all season and Edwards seems to be the only one who can even stay within sight of him and even then just barely.

What a shame for Haga. I hope he has some better luck than in race 1(without having to resort to pushing Bayliss aside with his elbows).
RobF4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2002, 08:55 PM   #3
Haga-san
Founding Member

Haga is great! He is the wild man of WSB! Unfornutalely he does not finish well! He can go balls out but by half way his tires are shot!
Haga-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2002, 11:08 PM   #4
DucButt
Founding Member

Is it just me, or are none of the commentators making an issue of the Dunlop decline? The Dunlop riders have shown speed in qualifying, but are unable to keep pace as the race progresses. It seems to me Michelin as well as Bayliss have made the first three races a very one-sided affair.

On another note, Haga is a scrappy little fella, and great fun to watch - I thought I was watching a hockey game when the elbows started to fly. It didn't seem provoked by Bayliss. This behavior may bring excitement to the racing, but should be discouraged. I'd have to say I lost a bit of respect for the bloke...
DucButt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2002, 11:40 PM   #5
DZR
Founding Member

Default Re: Philip Island?

Ummm....guys, the race was at Kyalami this weekend. Philip Island was the previous round...
DZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 02:35 AM   #6
bevelheadv2
Founding Member

Default Re: Kyalami victory to a twin

He's not that great then, hope your'e not trying to blame the tyres.

I want to see Bayliss score back to back world titles, do you think I'll be disappointed ?

Seeya.
bevelheadv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 04:15 AM   #7
CBRunner
Founding Member

I am not sure what Nori was thinking when he did that. I thought it was very uncalled for. I am sure he was probably embarrassed and angry with his crash in the first race but that is still no excuse. Even Bayliss looked at him in disbelief. You could almost see the look on his (Bayliss) face thru his helmet. The best part is that Troy still went on to win. 6 in a row is uncanny I have to agree with and say I have lost some respect for Haga as well. I hadn't watched him much until this year and I can see his potential, but he needs to keep his ego/desire in check.

Still waiting for Bostrom to win..... GO BEN!!
CBRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 05:11 AM   #8
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

All of the Dunlop guys have been suffering this year. Bostrom is the top Dunlop guy and he is in 4th place in the championship. They don't have problems qualifying, it's just sticking with the leaders in the race, so yes, blame the tires.
Joe_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 05:12 AM   #9
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Aww, that was some great action. Bayliss blocks at times so I guess Haga didn't want to be blocked. No excuse for that though, but it was entertaining. I hope all the Dunlop racers in WSBK and GP get some better tires soon.
Joe_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 05:54 AM   #10
das
Founding Member

Hard to say... maybe it's just that the Infostrada guys and the Castrol Honda guys have their act together. There's plenty of riders on Michelins that can't hang with the leaders, either.

It's not yet clear whether it's the teams, the bikes, the riders, or the tires. Hopefully it is just the tires, and Dunlop can produce a competitive tire, and Bostrom and Haga can compete with Bayliss. It'd be nice to see some *racing* at the front near the end of a race... you know, just for a change of scenery.
das is offline   Reply With Quote