Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > World Superbike

Old 02-25-2002, 11:45 AM   #1
banda
Founding Member

Default Why is it?

Why is it that the crash always comes on your last lap? Could it be related to always finding your keys in the last place you look?
banda is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-25-2002, 11:47 AM   #2
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Default Re: Bayliss fastest at Valencia WSB test

These Ducati and Aprilia guys would have qualified on the second (maybe first) row at a 500gp/GP1 race. Imagine the TESTASTRETTA(sp) 55lbs lighter, with a slightly shorter stroke putting out 195 hp, whooping on GP1 and 500cc bikes. That's if the power is usable, of course. Too bad they went to 4 cylinders.

1st post!

1st post.
Joe_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 11:48 AM   #3
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Default Whoops!

I guess my first post was too slow.
Old 02-25-2002, 12:14 PM   #4
evilgenius
Founding Member

Default Re: Whoops!

That has happened to me twice already...

BTW, have you been to Yammie's website yet? Go to SuperSport and a teaser appears saying that "Super Sport world will never be the same" - come March 1?

My guess is they may be bringing the 600cc Fazer currently available in European countries. I could be wrong but I have not heard of or seen any indication of an all new Super Sport bike from Yamaha.

The weird thing though is that overseas, both Fazers (1000cc and 600cc) fall into "Sport and Tour" category, but here the FZ1 falls into "Super Sport"?

Maybe Yamaha will "shock" us with a road going replica of the M1? I know, I'm dreaming...
evilgenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 12:56 PM   #5
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Default Re: Whoops!

RRRRRRRRight, super Detuned CM1 Customer series M1. Detuned for YOUR safety. I have never been one to ride the fazer but I did have a little ride on an FZ1 for about three miles and I must say I was all wrong about Hooligan bikes. Makes me want an SV650 just to wring it to death. FZ1= too much balls for me.
Old 02-25-2002, 07:02 PM   #6
RobF4i
Founding Member

Default Re: Bayliss fastest at Valencia WSB test

Is Izutsu a newcomer? I thought that he was running the third kawasaki in superbikes last year. Oh well, maybe I'm wrong. Anyways to throw my two cents in, how about Haga for the championship with Ben challenging all the way. I know Bayliss is great and all but I think that he'll have too much competition this year to take another championship (maybe I'm wrong), not to mention Xaus finally coming alive on the other Duc to stir things up.
RobF4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 06:06 AM   #7
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Default Re: Why is it?

Well, at the end of the last session, if you crash, it pretty much is your last lap. Haha.
Old 02-26-2002, 06:19 AM   #8
SuperSquid
Registered Member

Default HAGA!!! All the way

Y2k runner up my butt! If it weren't for the FIM taking away points he would have beaten Edwards and broken the streak of V-twins winning the WSB championship. I personally am very happy that he is back racing in WSB. I remember in one of the last races of the season in Y2K his bike was running so rich that a one foot flame was shooting outta his Akarapovik tail pipe everytime he got on the gas to drive out of a corner. Man that was awesome.
SuperSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 06:47 AM   #9
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Default 4 bangers just as good

Yeah, Stupid Yamaha. THe days of Haga sliding widly into corners may be gone. He had never realized he was doing it on the Yamaha, now he says the he doesn't really slide the Aprilia much at all because the bike goes better without all of that sliding. If you ask me, twins do have a slight advantage but not enough to compensate for the rider skill. The Yamaha was right there in 2000, sometimes decimating the rest of the field. You see the rest of these inline 4 guys are no name brand anyway. I bet if you put Ant Gobert, Haga, Eric Boz, Bayliss or Nicky Hayden on a 4 banger, they would still be up front. What about AMA, the first twin was in third, while the Suzuki 750 won the Japanese RR championship.
Old 02-26-2002, 07:13 AM   #10
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: HAGA!!! All the way

No Doubt that Haga is the real deal. His speed and style are a treat for all who observe. In addition to the return of Haga, the Dunlops are looking great for 2002. With Haga back on the Dunlops in WSB, there should be some serious fireworks.