Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Women Riders (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/women-riders/)
-   -   Beginner rider - difficulty stopping (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/women-riders/8554-beginner-rider-difficulty-stopping.html)

coach2ride.com 07-29-2008 03:49 PM

The best help for street riding is to take a MSF dirt bike school. It will help you tremendously for the street, but not the other way around. Most of our students are street riders who have ridden for many years but want to learn more about dirt road riding and what to do in off-road situations. One of the first things we practice is proper braking technique.

Dirtbikes are much lighter and easier to maneuver especially for beginners. And it's not so bad if you drop the bike.

Have a question? Email us and we'll respond ASAP.

Andrea Beach
Home

Kenneth_Moore 07-29-2008 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sachiwilson (Post 190077)

What sort of things are your fiance and his dad suggesting for you when they coach you?

Oh, you know, the basics: STOP you STUPID *****, NO, no, no, not like that, I told you to ease the clutch out, not let it go, NO, STOP IT, YOU'RE LUGGING THE ENGINE, AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

sachiwilson 07-29-2008 08:19 PM

Ha! Yeah, Ken, that's what I'm afraid of! :D

The_AirHawk 07-29-2008 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 190212)
Oh, you know, the basics: STOP you STUPID *****, NO, no, no, not like that, I told you to ease the clutch out, not let it go, NO, STOP IT, YOU'RE LUGGING THE ENGINE, AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Pick your feet up! Stop dragging your...... PICK YOUR !#$%$%&* FEET UP !#$%$%&*-IT!!!!!!!!

Bubblybee 08-02-2008 08:43 PM

They said that I was taking my left foot off the pegs too soon and that I need to brake and then set my feet down together to keep my balance. I guess I was leaning my weight to the left as I took my left foot off.

They told me that I just need to get the feeling of stopping ingrained in my head until I can do it without even thinking about it. They also said that I am stopping gradually instead of just putting the brakes on (this is at very low speed), which makes it harder to balance.

captamerica77 10-23-2008 02:04 PM

Well, are training wheel out of the question? Just kidding, practice,practice and more practice, also see if you can lower the seat height. Other than that, read line 2 again.I would offer lessons, but your fiance,boyfriend or whatever and my wife would probably object. LOL

Kenneth_Moore 10-23-2008 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captamerica77 (Post 196474)
Well, are training wheel out of the question? Just kidding, practice,practice and more practice, also see if you can lower the seat height. Other than that, read line 2 again.I would offer lessons, but your fiance,boyfriend or whatever and my wife would probably object. LOL

What the heck is this website doing???

Kenneth_Moore 10-23-2008 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captamerica77 (Post 196474)
Well, are training wheel out of the question? Just kidding,

No joke there Capt'n, I'm seeing more bikes with real live training wheels every day. Especially up in the Cocoa Beach area for some reason; maybe somebody has a franchise there. I'm talking about a standard motorcycle with two outboard wheels tagged onto the back. I don't know if the setup permits leaning; it doesn't look like it. They seem to be very popular with females driving (I refuse to say riding) Sportys.

captamerica77 10-24-2008 06:54 AM

Wow and I was just kidding. How could any respectable rider have training wheels. They should just get more practice. Or just not ride. I would say the exception would be the physically challenged. Just buy a 3wheeler. Just my opinion. however lame it may be.

seruzawa 10-24-2008 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captamerica77 (Post 196509)
Wow and I was just kidding. How could any respectable rider have training wheels. They should just get more practice. Or just not ride. I would say the exception would be the physically challenged. Just buy a 3wheeler. Just my opinion. however lame it may be.

Careful what you joke about.

Safety Features, Inc., Stacy, Minnesota