Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Riding > Women Riders

Old 08-18-2008, 02:33 PM   #11
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Kirk is indeed the only person I know who picked a "LOAD A$$ helmet." And I have to say, I'm proud of him for stepping up and admitting to it in a public forum. You are indeed a big man, Mr. K.

As for color, wear what you want, but the cagers still won't see you. They're too busy trying to get that last tater-tot out of the Arby's bag.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-18-2008, 02:41 PM   #12
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Kirk is indeed the only person I know who picked a "LOAD A$$ helmet." And I have to say, I'm proud of him for stepping up and admitting to it in a public forum. You are indeed a big man, Mr. K.

As for color, wear what you want, but the cagers still won't see you. They're too busy trying to get that last tater-tot out of the Arby's bag.
Seems I can't talk on the phone and type at the same time. Go figure.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:48 PM   #13
seruzawa
The Toad

I've been hit and near-missed on choppers, sportbikes, dualies and standards. I've had close shaves on black bikes, red bikes, orange, bikes, blue bikes, green bikes, purple bikes and white bikes. I've come within inches of death with no gear, all the gear and part of the gear. I've almost eaten it in black leather, white t-shirts, levis, orange Joe Rocket Jackets, yellow rain gear. These incidents have happened in the wet or dry, day or night. The only reason I survive is my competence.

Now, I believe that wearing bright gear can help. Good lights on the bike help too. (Those replacement tiny tail lights and turn lights that the sportbikers and cruisers use are an abomination IMHO.) A moderately loud exhaust can help... too loud just pisses people off and can precipitate an attack by some nutziod cager who is loaded on all-too-common prescription drugs. But taken all in consideration your competence, a good seating position where you can see all around easily (no sportbikes in the city please) and, very important, not riding when you are fatigued are far far more important for your safety than any color, noise or gear. Those only help after you've stumbled into a precarious situation.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:27 PM   #14
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
Seems I can't talk on the phone and type at the same time. Go figure.
But you're still the best motorcycle ridin' insurance sellin' dude I ever saw!
Old 08-18-2008, 06:30 PM   #15
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
, not riding when you are fatigued are far far more important for your safety than any color, noise or gear. Those only help after you've stumbled into a precarious situation.
Distracted is what'll get you. You have to be at 10/10ths at every moment. The minute you're in a rush, po'd at your SO, thinking about work...or just relaxed and enjoying the ride; that's when they get ya.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:53 AM   #16
Riza
Registered Member

Speaking of lights.

Get something like this