Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Riding > Women Riders

Old 03-19-2008, 01:01 AM   #1
mxchickalltheway
Registered Member

Default womens mx race series!!!

if i put together a womens race series will anyone show up?
my goal is to get enough girls every weekend to get separate classes ( pro, amatuer, first timer and mini) once the turn out is big enough the goal to do first timer,beg, nov, inter, pro, mini by age limits, peewee, vets, legendary! all separate! and sizes separate!
the start out will just be trophies, but main goal is holeshot, and finish money/prizes for all classes.

would anyone come? i am willing to go for this!! seriously!!
starting this in southern california, but want to branch this out!

let me know, post on here, pm me, email me.
let me get your contact information to start this up! (dont post personal info on here though)
mxchickalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-19-2008, 07:36 AM   #2
sachiwilson
Women Riders Moderator

Welcome, but I hope you are looking in other web locations as well. MO does not have many women posting.

Sarnali: "what could be more useless than arguing with a deaf female lawyer????"
sachiwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 10:10 AM   #3
pplassm
Founding Member

There's usually women's class at most amatuer events. Check with your local AMA district or track for info.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:09 PM   #4
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxchickalltheway View Post
if i put together a womens race series will anyone show up?
my goal is to get enough girls every weekend to get separate classes ( pro, amatuer, first timer and mini) once the turn out is big enough the goal to do first timer,beg, nov, inter, pro, mini by age limits, peewee, vets, legendary! all separate! and sizes separate!
the start out will just be trophies, but main goal is holeshot, and finish money/prizes for all classes.

would anyone come? i am willing to go for this!! seriously!!
starting this in southern california, but want to branch this out!

let me know, post on here, pm me, email me.
let me get your contact information to start this up! (dont post personal info on here though)
I would approach the gang at Live Nation about that. They run Supercross and Areacross in the USA. Now that Daytona Motor Group owns AMA Pro Racing, I'd check with Mr Edmondson about adding Pro Women MX to the list. You don't want to have to build somethig from scratch without help from Pros. Get the big guys to do the hard work and talk your way into a job to help the cause.

Kirk
Old 03-19-2008, 10:23 PM   #5
mxchickalltheway
Registered Member

i am on 11 forums and posting, the ama isnt that big out here, turnout is small to none or no class listed.

i know i can get this together, i have about 20 girls now willing to do this in so cal. i am not making any money on this one, i know that, i wasnt going to ask for membership or club fees or anything, i am picking tracks that most people have memberships to already, to save money there. the tracks can have the money, i just want to race with my own kind. i have done this before many times in the past, some good turnout, and some bad. but with sponsors and money out i dont want to take it in the shorts! if the industry gets burned enough it will walk away from us, and we get less and less. i am sick of this. ohh and no sandbagging or cherry picking. you will be put in the correct class. the last race i did i was almost lapped by a novice! she was no novice. i am talking to tracks now and i have the media on this too, so we will get covered.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:39 PM   #6
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
i am on 11 forums and posting, the ama isnt that big out here, turnout is small to none or no class listed.

i know i can get this together, i have about 20 girls now willing to do this in so cal. i am not making any money on this one, i know that, i wasnt going to ask for membership or club fees or anything, i am picking tracks that most people have memberships to already, to save money there. the tracks can have the money, i just want to race with my own kind. i have done this before many times in the past, some good turnout, and some bad. but with sponsors and money out i dont want to take it in the shorts! if the industry gets burned enough it will walk away from us, and we get less and less. i am sick of this. ohh and no sandbagging or cherry picking. you will be put in the correct class. the last race i did i was almost lapped by a novice! she was no novice. i am talking to tracks now and i have the media on this too, so we will get covered.
AMA is out and the DMG is in. Daytona Motorsports Group bought ALL of Pro Racing off the AMA a few weeks ago. Live Nation is the promotor of Supercross but the DMG owns the series. I'd try to talk with them or if you go to Jeremy McGrath's website I check to see if they may be interested in helping. He's a good promotor of the sport and my be able to help.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:41 PM   #7
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Back in the dark ages, when I was racing an AT1MX at Indian Dunes on Sundays (Shadow Glen & International track) There was always some skinny kid on a Monark that would wait until the last lap and stuff me into a berm or otherwise roost me and take my position (usually 3rd or 4th in the pack). One time I followed the Monark back to where it pitted from, and it turned out to be a cute blond girl riding that yellow and blue bike. I was flummoxed, and at the same time turned on like I had never been before. Even now when I see a woman riding to some expertise and wearing a full coverage helmet I get all gooey inside.

More power to ya, and I'll go to the races if you promote 'em.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:47 PM   #8
mxchickalltheway
Registered Member

Ok Ladies,

The ball is in our court! It's time to validate our complaints with action!

Perris Raceway has agreed to run multiple women's classifications during the entire "Hot Summer Nights MX Series" being held at Perris Raceway on the following dates: June 21st, July 5th, July 12th, August 9th, and August 16th.

If you truly want to grow the women's class and have the opportunity to have separate divisions available and to race competitively with other women of your skill level, now's your chance!

It is urgent that we show our support of Perris Raceway by attending every round of the "Hot Summer Nights MX Series" you can. If you truly want to be taken seriously and It's put up or shut up time ladies! Let's show them we mean business and let's all have a great time doing it! Classes available to date: Beg, Nov, Int , Pro, Vet, Mini

Anyone interested in having a BBQ at the final round?
Old 03-25-2008, 07:44 PM   #9
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Ok Ladies,

The ball is in our court! It's time to validate our complaints with action!

Perris Raceway has agreed to run multiple women's classifications during the entire "Hot Summer Nights MX Series" being held at Perris Raceway on the following dates: June 21st, July 5th, July 12th, August 9th, and August 16th.

If you truly want to grow the women's class and have the opportunity to have separate divisions available and to race competitively with other women of your skill level, now's your chance!

It is urgent that we show our support of Perris Raceway by attending every round of the "Hot Summer Nights MX Series" you can. If you truly want to be taken seriously and It's put up or shut up time ladies! Let's show them we mean business and let's all have a great time doing it! Classes available to date: Beg, Nov, Int , Pro, Vet, Mini

Anyone interested in having a BBQ at the final round?
Almost makes me wish I was a Woman...........
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 05:16 AM   #10
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
Almost makes me wish I was a Woman...........
Not to worry. At the rate the election is going I expect the candidates to be offering free sex change operations for everyone soon.