Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Riding > Women Riders

Old 09-26-2007, 03:51 AM   #1
seizethebay
Registered Member

Default riding gloves

Hi all,
Any suggestions for a warm glove for small hands? I do not want to stop riding just because it is getting cooler. I ride to work in the morning so it is about 55. My current gloves are a simple Harley leather glove. About 30 minutes into my ride and my hands are so cold they get numb. Most gloves I have tried feel big and bulky. any ideas?
Happy riding. Lynne

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-26-2007, 05:54 AM   #2
seruzawa
The Toad

There are more gloves available than you can shake a stick at. You can find lots of them at bike shops and accessory shops. Myself, when it gets cold I just use snowmobile gloves.

There are also accessory heated grips that you find. Just do some searching on the internet.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:57 AM   #3
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by seizethebay View Post
Hi all,
Any suggestions for a warm glove for small hands? I do not want to stop riding just because it is getting cooler. I ride to work in the morning so it is about 55. My current gloves are a simple Harley leather glove. About 30 minutes into my ride and my hands are so cold they get numb. Most gloves I have tried feel big and bulky. any ideas?
Happy riding. Lynne
If yo like Harley stuff they have a winter golve that works great. These look like a good choice.
Browser Update Required

Of course, there are many others that can fill the bill with gloves. This is just one option.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:04 AM   #4
pushrod
Founding Member

If you plan on riding in MD past October, consider getting an electric vest, preferably one that allows connection to electric gloves.

My Widder 2 vest (heated neck - verrry nice!) has paid for itself numerous times already. Down here, it's all I need. It's impressive how warm my fingers and toes stay when the vest is set on "broil".
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 09:02 AM   #5
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushrod View Post
If you plan on riding in MD past October, consider getting an electric vest, preferably one that allows connection to electric gloves.

My Widder 2 vest (heated neck - verrry nice!) has paid for itself numerous times already. Down here, it's all I need. It's impressive how warm my fingers and toes stay when the vest is set on "broil".
I have a Widder also. If you keep your body core warm the body will send warm blood to the extremities. If your core gets cold, then the body shunts blood flow to arms and legs. Most people don't know that most heat loss is through the head and neck area, so keep that melon warm!
Old 09-26-2007, 10:23 AM   #6
acecycleins
Founding Member

Alpinestars DryStars are warm and waterproof. I do live in Atlanta and the worst weather is unually right at freezing in the winter, but they are effective and don't cost a bundle.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:35 AM   #7
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
Alpinestars DryStars are warm and waterproof. I do live in Atlanta and the worst weather is unually right at freezing in the winter, but they are effective and don't cost a bundle.
I'd say if you love in Atlanta, you have no concept of cold weather!
Old 09-29-2007, 10:43 AM   #8
sfcdjevans
Registered Member

If you don't like the big bulky feel, you're going to have to go electric. I have Gerbings Classics. I love in the lee of Lake Ontario. They work great. But these gloves have their own funky feel that won't match your "normal" riding gloves.
sfcdjevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 01:48 PM   #9
SuperBill
Founding Member

I recommend mid-weight gloves and heated handgrips for winters in MD. The heated grips let you avoid the bulk of heavy snowmobile-type gloves, and are real nice on those autumn days when the cold evening air sneaks up on you and your summer gloves.

You can spend a lot of money for factory heated grips (like I did on my BMW), or spend almost nothing for heating strips that fit under your existing grips (like I did on my Honda). Here's a link to the ones I put on my Honda. They took about an hour to install and represent the best $27 I ever spent:

Heated Grip Kit :: Heated Hand Grips :: Riding Gear :: Off And Riding :: Aerostich/RiderWearHouse Motorcycle Jackets, Suits, Clothing, & Gear

I ride year 'round here in CT, and with the heated grips I rarely have to break out my snowmobile gloves.

Enjoy the autumn riding!

Bill
SuperBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 09:55 AM   #10
ducatistabjc
Registered Member

Lee Parks insulated gloves are wonderful, and even though they are very warm, are not bulky at all, and you still have great feel for the controls. DeerTours PCi™ Black from Lee Parks Design Catalog
ducatistabjc is offline   Reply With Quote