Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Riding > Women Riders

Old 09-17-2007, 02:07 PM   #11
Gritboy
Founding Member

Feathering the clutch while making sure you're not leaning into the turn, but counter-balancing the lean the bike (as it turns in while you lean upright) and you can put around in a figure eight all day. It still think it's weird MSF doesn't teach people to use their rear brake for low speed maneuvers... it's the best way to keep control.
Gritboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-17-2007, 02:10 PM   #12
Gritboy
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gritboy View Post
Feathering the clutch while making sure you're not leaning into the turn, but counter-balancing the lean the bike (as it turns in while you lean upright) and you can put around in a figure eight all day. It still think it's weird MSF doesn't teach people to use their rear brake for low speed maneuvers... it's the best way to keep control.
Let's try this again with some proof-reading first:

Feathering the clutch while making sure you're not leaning into the turn with your body, but instead counter-balancing the lean of the bike -- as it turns in, you lean upright -- and you can putt around in a figure eight all day. Standard dirt maneuver, but it really allows you to corner slowly if you can find the balance between your body's weight and bike tilt.

It still think it's weird MSF doesn't teach people to use their rear brake for low speed maneuvers... it's the best way to keep control.
Gritboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 06:50 AM   #13
SeeJoy
Registered Member

Actually, it was mentioned in my course that using a combination of clutch and or rear brake would be helpful.
We didn't practice the figure 8 long enough for me personally to get used to using either during that maneuver. I always felt jammed up on the U turn to the right and it messed with my head, LOL.
Thanks for the pointer though

Joie
SeeJoy is offline   Reply With Quote