Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Riding > Women Riders

Old 08-28-2007, 10:00 AM   #1
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Default Garage Night

Here's an interesting link from the local rag. The growth in women riders was surprising.

Sunrise motorcycle clinic offers tips as women move up from back seat -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-28-2007, 10:58 AM   #2
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Did you see the first post on this article?
------------------------
So pretty. The chrome-shiny bike. The sexy arms, the shades. The petitely balanced hand on one grip. Give me a break. Come on people! Bikes are not fashion statements! Although I hope luck rides with her, this mother of three will probably be pushing up daisies within a year. Motorcycles are not for women. Most gals do not have the strategic abilty to steer out of accidents and they ride in constant fear. Hell, most men should not be riding either. I have been riding since I was nine, and I have seen more dead bodies than I can count...and they are all a couple yards away from a mangled bike.
------------------------

Sach, sic him!
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 11:20 AM   #3
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
Did you see the first post on this article?
------------------------
So pretty. The chrome-shiny bike. The sexy arms, the shades. The petitely balanced hand on one grip. Give me a break. Come on people! Bikes are not fashion statements! Although I hope luck rides with her, this mother of three will probably be pushing up daisies within a year. Motorcycles are not for women. Most gals do not have the strategic abilty to steer out of accidents and they ride in constant fear. Hell, most men should not be riding either. I have been riding since I was nine, and I have seen more dead bodies than I can count...and they are all a couple yards away from a mangled bike.
------------------------

Sach, sic him!
BBar, usually agree with you, but not this time.

1. OF COURSE BIKES ARE FASHION STATEMENTS!! Doesn't matter much if you like that fact or not, but from sportbikes to cruisers, and even the Adventure Tourers, bikes have always been and will always be fashion/fad/ego driven.

2. As a percentage, in my experience, women are more likely to admit they weren't born with a God-given talent for two wheels. Thus, they tend to take the training and safety more seriously. Do you ride much with women? The ones I ride with are the "Safety Queens," there aren't many "Safety Kings" in my world.

3. Anybody who isn't riding with some sense of fear (in the form of assuming every cager is going to try to kill them or acknowledging what will happen if the bike breaks the wrong way at the wrong time) isn't going to last long.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:49 AM   #4
sachiwilson
Women Riders Moderator

Ken, BBar was quoting a comment on the article. That wasn't his own sentiment.

I took a look at those comments and the dummy who posted got roasted well enough without my help. *sigh* What an idiot.

Sarnali: "what could be more useless than arguing with a deaf female lawyer????"
sachiwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 09:54 AM   #5
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

It's confirmed, I'm retarded. I get it now. Actually, I despise the "comments" section on that site so much I never open them.

BBar, my humble apologies, Sir. You remain infallible.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:07 AM   #6
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

"You remain infallible."
-I know.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote