Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Riding > Women Riders

Old 07-14-2007, 06:55 AM   #11
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Ditto for the Corbin seats. They work for me, I've got a leather one on the Bonneville and I had them on my Trophy, K-100 and R-100. If you talk to them on the phone and tell them you want it narrower they should be able to accomodate that without getting carried away.

Alternativly, like Dr. Seruzawa said, a local Hot Rod or Boat shop should be able to trim the stock seat down

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-15-2007, 11:02 AM   #12
sachiwilson
Women Riders Moderator

Welcome, momof5. I can't offer specific advice because I don't ride a Harley and I'm a bit taller (5' 7"). However, I've had a couple seats rebuilt by a Seattle seatmaker (Rich's Custom Seats) and I was very happy with that shop's work. I would strongly recommend that you first check out the local possibilities for seat work before you try to get a mail-order seat, because a local seatmaker can see you on the bike and cut the seat to fit what you need (as well as fit your behind)! Local makers also tend to be cheaper and quicker than the more-well-known motorcycle seatmakers such as Mustang and Corbin.

Best of luck in your search. Come on back and let us know what you choose to do and how it works out!

Sarnali: "what could be more useless than arguing with a deaf female lawyer????"
sachiwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 04:33 PM   #13
momof5
Registered Member

Thanks for all your comments. I decided to try the Mustang because I could get it fast and I really wanted to get on the bike. It is comfortable and it will do. I like the narrowness in the front, makes it much easier to put my feet down. I do wish it would seat me a little more forward. Maybe when I get more money I will look around again - since I plan on keeping this bike for a long time.
momof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 09:34 AM   #14
motomojo
Registered Member

I just came from the Poker Run, I ride a 1200 Low, but there was a friend of mine riding a Deluxe (my next bike..hopefully) and he had lowered the front with Harley Lowering gear, and then he had lowered the back with other market parts, I sat in it, I am 5'4 and my feet where very comfortably planted in the ground. In my 1200 Low I am just there...so If it helps in any way, it is a very good option. Also my brother read an article about the new Harley Rocker, although I still havent seen it, in the article, written by a woman, it says it is by far the lowest bike tha HD has ever made and that it rides like a dream, so I am looking forward to seeing it and trying it as a good option for "next bike"....

Safe Riding!
motomojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 11:18 AM   #15
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I'm a Mustang guy.

Corbins look like they were made with someone with skills even more limited than mine.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 11:58 AM   #16
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
I'm a Mustang guy.

Corbins look like they were made with someone with skills even more limited than mine.
If they were more limited than yours, they would be into negative territory I think!
Old 09-21-2007, 12:12 PM   #17
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
If they were more limited than yours, they would be into negative territory I think!
Sitting on the frame rails.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 02:26 PM   #18
bbtowns
Founding Member

I haven't owned a Harley for a few years, but have put custom seats on many bikes. I'd echo the MOron who suggested trying to find a local motorcycle seat maker to fit the bill. I can also recommend Rick Mayer and his brother as well as far as custom seats go (And they won't set you back as much as others have said a custom Corbin will). They say some people have a Corbin butt and some don't, I know I don't. Try a Corbin seat from one of your friends before buying one.
bbtowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 02:40 PM   #19
lastamik
Founding Member

You may check out the Lepera sets. They have several "up front" seats that put you about 3" closer to the bars. Check their web and see what they offer for your ride.
lastamik is offline   Reply With Quote