Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Riding > Women Riders

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 09:41 PM   #11
sachiwilson
Women Riders Moderator

Oh good, a post in the Women Riders section and this is what we get.

Yo! I'm a woman and (since you asked) I'm still wearing my Frank Thomas leathers after a ride to the store to get some food. So there.

Sarnali: "what could be more useless than arguing with a deaf female lawyer????"

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-20-2007, 06:17 AM   #12
500000miles+
Registered Member

MO has long been considered, by women who take motorcycling seriously, to be a "boys and bimbos only" site. Real women who ride real bikes have not been welcome here.

Here is a good example of why...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccd3 View Post
If there are women reading this... what are you wearing?
Old 06-20-2007, 06:56 AM   #13
jhof989620
Registered Member

Default women?

Female here....I've subscribed to MO for about three years and read the forums cause you guys do know a lot about bikes. But like most sites about motorcycles its so highly testosterone driven I really have nothing to say... so I will contiue to lurk and learn.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:06 AM   #14
Cheesebeast
Registered Member

Is the moderator of the Women Rider's forum a female? This should be the case- along with a simple set of forum rules that allow this forum to be used for its intended purpose.

I would suggest you keep the rules simple:

No Leghumping

is better than:

Posting of derogatory or suggestive comments will result in a warning, followed by the termination of the member's posting privileges....
Old 06-20-2007, 07:23 AM   #15
jhof989620
Registered Member

lol....well "no leghumping" does get to the point.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:43 AM   #16
Cheesebeast
Registered Member

If MO v2.0 is serious about "change", then a strong women's forum would be a good addition. The demographics of riding have changed- the industry knows that women represent a huge part of the future of motorcycling.

The female to male ratio at your local MSF BRC course illustrates this. The trouble is MO has obviously been "male oriented" in the past and with the addition of "Motorcycle.com Babes" I see no intention of altering that course.

There is opportunity here, though. I have printed out many motorcycle reviews for friends- my sister-in-law just took the BRC course and is eager to buy her first bike.

Would I send her to MO? Hmmmm.....If the Women Riders forum was properly moderated then I think even the most hardcore leghumper here would be able to behave on one forum, at least.

As a matter of personal disclosure, I am male and I am sure I am guilty of leghumping comments, general knuckledragging, and other unreconstructed male behaviors. I no longer fling my poo or show my canines in a threatening fashion, so I appear to be making progress.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:48 AM   #17
sachiwilson
Women Riders Moderator

FWIW, MO is not as bad as some places (AdvRider's JoMomma for example), or even Cycle Forums. I've been able to deal with the old forum without much trouble.

I concur that "MO's Babes" is really stupid and ought to go, or at least not be so prominently advertised on the first page for heaven's sake. One look at that would drive away a lot of women.

Sarnali: "what could be more useless than arguing with a deaf female lawyer????"
Old 06-20-2007, 09:38 AM   #18
jhof989620
Registered Member

Wow I really have to agree with MO Babes being on the front page.....probably would turn me off to paying for a subscription if I ran across this the first time.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:30 AM   #19
seruzawa
The Toad

You might suggest to Kevin to add an "MO Beefcake" page to even things up. Equal rights and all that.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:50 AM   #20
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Those are good points, if MO 2.0 is going to be taken seriously by women then that's really not appropriate. Standard cheesecake pictures are incredibly lame in the first place unless you're 15. I'll see what I can do about getting it moved.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
Closed Thread