|08-25-2011, 05:13 AM||#1|
Join Date: Aug 2011
My first Leh trip on Royal Enfield!
Finally I achieved something which I am planning from last 5 years and every-time due to some damn personal or professional problem, I had to cancel it. But now I am glad that I reached to my destiny and had a wonderful time there. Below was my itinerary (15 days):
Delhi - Manali - Rohtang Jot - Kokhsar - Tandi - Keylong - Jispa - Darcha - Baralacha La - Bharatpur - Sarchu - Gata Loops - Nakee La - Lachulung La - Pang - More Plains - Tanglang La - Upshi - Karu - Leh.
Do's or don't! (for my all friends planning for Leh trip)
1) Always rent your bike from some reputed company only. I have taken from stoneheadbikes.com and found that they are pretty professional and bike was in damn good condition. Rate was also very cheaper than Tony, Lali Singh or Bulletwala.
2) Things you should carry:
- Side Carrier
- Rear Carrier
- Knee protector
- Puncture kit along with 1 front & 1 rear spare tube.
- Medicine (eye drops, pain killers, ointment, gauge rolls & dettol)
- Swiss Knife
- Water container (min 2 ltr)
- Engine oil (to top up after 1000 KM's)
- Sleeping bag
- Cash (min 10K)
- Water proof coats for luggage & yourself.
Stoneheadbikes arranged everything for me but you can do it by your own also.
Please do share your experience with bike rental companies and trip!
|Sponsored Links||Remove Advertisements|