Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Women Riders (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/women-riders/)
-   -   Hi From A Newbie To The Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/women-riders/13559-hi-newbie-forum.html)

mysticalma 11-02-2009 02:48 PM

Hi From A Newbie To The Forum

I am a gramma and ride an 03 750 Honda ACE Shadow. I signed up for the Shadow forum, and 10 min later I got an email I was banned.

What in the world??!!

Weirdest thing I ever had happen to me! :confused:

I was in the F650GS BMW Chain Gang forum for years. Sold my 650 as I can't sit in the position long any more. (neck and knees)

I will miss the folks in that forum.

So hopefully this is a new forum in my life, and I will get to know and enjoy all of you.

I am in Ky., and we are having beautiful weather this week! I rode yesterday afternoon, today, and hope to ride all week. fall was beautiful, and we are past peak now, but it is still beautiful. we have lots of hills and curves and very little traffic here.

More later! gramma:)

Kenneth_Moore 11-02-2009 03:20 PM

We won't ban you. You may leave in disgust, but that's another issue.

Welcome!

Barbara 11-02-2009 05:01 PM

Hi and Welcome,

You'll find the folks here very knowledgeable, very opinionated and very ready to let you know that opinion.....kind of fun! I'm also a gramma and a long-time rider (and my boyfriend rides one of those Beemer 650 singles and loves it!).

I can't imagine why you would have been banned--perhaps you have the same user-name as someone else? (More proof that computers are evil and out to destroy civilization.....):D

You might also want to check out Her-Motorcycle.com if you feel like dropping by a site for women riders. Between here and there, things are fairly well covered.....and my '77 Yamaha/sidecar was the September "Bike of the Month". (Yep. Gramma's proud...)

Anyway, welcome! As with voting: "Post early, post often!" :)

mysticalma 11-02-2009 06:39 PM

Cool! My Shadow is so comfy I can ride her all day. I have put 27,000 miles on her doing the southeast. I love the mountains, hills, curves, and solo camping with my little grannie tent. :)

I am in Women on Wheels and they have published many of my travel stories. Biker Alley did, too, but Rain quit putting out the magazine to spend more time riding.

Thanx for the warm welcome. Will write when I can. ma

<3gsxr 11-10-2009 06:36 AM

Hey Welcome to the forum!!!
The guys say they are bad and you wont like it here. But I actually find them quite funny..
So if you are laid back and can handle some odd coments you will love it here!

barbara789 01-19-2010 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mysticalma (Post 227412)
I am a gramma and ride an 03 750 Honda ACE Shadow. I signed up for the Shadow forum, and 10 min later I got an email I was banned.

What in the world??!!

Weirdest thing I ever had happen to me! :confused:

I was in the F650GS BMW Chain Gang forum for years. Sold my 650 as I can't sit in the position long any more. (neck and knees)

I will miss the folks in that forum.

So hopefully this is a new forum in my life, and I will get to know and enjoy all of you.

I am in Ky., and we are having beautiful weather this week! I rode yesterday afternoon, today, and hope to ride all week. fall was beautiful, and we are past peak now, but it is still beautiful. we have lots of hills and curves and very little traffic here.

More later! gramma:)

Hi I am Barbara Brown from New York. What up everyone. I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say hi. Hopefully I posted this in the right section!

seruzawa 01-19-2010 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbara789 (Post 232483)
Hi I am Barbara Brown from New York. What up everyone. I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say hi. Hopefully I posted this in the right section!

Pretty much any place is the right place here. You won't find thread nazis. Just remember not to take anything seriously.

And pay no attention to Ken Moore.

Dr_Sprocket 01-19-2010 07:56 AM

Welcome, ladies!

MOKE1K 01-21-2010 07:42 AM

Aloha, and welcome Mysticalma

longride 01-21-2010 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOKE1K (Post 232655)
Aloha, and welcome Mysticalma

MOKE, did you tell her about the skill thing??