Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Riding > Women Riders

Old 09-22-2009, 11:04 AM   #1
VictoryGirl1982
Registered Member

Smile Ride Vs. Image?

I ride a Victory Motorcycle and love it! What other bikes have nice rides you enjoy and why? I know Harley is so popular, but why? I cannot seem to wrap my head around this when they have a lot of quality problems. Do any of you have quality problems with your Cruiser or Touring Harley??
VictoryGirl1982 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-22-2009, 11:52 AM   #2
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Nope, those days are long gone if they ever existed at all. In my experiance of AMF Harleys people would buy a bike use their dubious skills to perform "custom performance mods" then blame Harley when the bike ran like crap. I put over 100k miles on AMF bikes without an inordinate amount of trouble or breakdowns. Back then most bikes weren't terribly reliable and IMO stock Harleys were no better or worse than whatever else was out there. Newer Harleys are at least as reliable as anything else on the road and more so than a few marques

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:03 PM   #3
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Hmmm. Question seems like someone's trolling, but I'll bite.

Harleys are just as reliable as other makes/models. So are it's subsidiary's bikes - Buell (woot!). Victory makes a fine bike, stylistically somewhat different than Harley. Harley is the "original" and Victory is trying to become the "choice of a new generation". (Sorry, Pepsi.)
Old 09-22-2009, 12:27 PM   #4
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"I cannot seem to wrap my head around this when they have a lot of quality problems."

Tell us all about the quality problems Harleys have. That way, we can all give an educated answer, and maybe you can wrap your head around the fact that they really don't have any more quality issues than any other motorcycle manufacturer.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:32 PM   #5
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Nope, those days are long gone if they ever existed at all. In my experiance of AMF Harleys people would buy a bike use their dubious skills to perform "custom performance mods" then blame Harley when the bike ran like crap.
Speaking of "custom performance mods", don't we get a continuous stream of people on MO wanting advice because they put someone's wonderful ramairinductionhorsepowerdublerforonly9.95 on their cruiser? Or they are trying to fix the last owner's "custom performance mods"?

Never heard back from the guy who put velocity stacks on his Magna and connected the CV carbs to the intake manifolds. snicker.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:56 PM   #6
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Speaking of "custom performance mods", don't we get a continuous stream of people on MO wanting advice because they put someone's wonderful ramairinductionhorsepowerdublerforonly9.95 on their cruiser? Or they are trying to fix the last owner's "custom performance mods"?

Never heard back from the guy who put velocity stacks on his Magna and connected the CV carbs to the intake manifolds. snicker.

Yeah we do, I have to admit I have a laugh when I read some of their stuff....." I added a race can, drilled 3 inch holes in my airbox, put pod filters on, along with so in so's jet kit, now my bike won't idle below 4000rpm and it smokes like a Mexican sausage factory ....... What do you think is wrong????

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...

Last edited by sarnali2 : 09-22-2009 at 12:59 PM.
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:08 PM   #7
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Is it just me, or does Victory seem to have its employees posting on our message boards these days?

These posts are so obvious in their stupidity.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:33 PM   #8
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

VictoryGirl,
don't be a schnook.
It's not how you ride,
it's how you look!
Old 11-24-2009, 09:10 AM   #9
Jammin'John
Registered Member

Wink Break

The problem with Harleys breaking down isn't as bad as it used to be.
If taken care of they can be a nice ride.

The problem with Harleys is that they cost too much for an air cooled,2 valve twin.

Their owners seem to think that the bikes are made in the USA with all american parts which of course is not true.

All the mom & pop Harley dealers are gone now & you have to get one from one of their opulent palaces and pay an awful lot of $$$$$.

While you are there you can get some motorclothes that are made in sri lanka,bangladesh,korea,china,etc.

Every country BUT the USA.

Of course they don't lower the price on the items because,after all,they say "Harley Davidson" on them.

No,the problem with harley, is that many,not all,of the harley people have serious attitude problems and try to demean "others" like you VictoryGirl1982.

Now,before I get flamed for this,I said MANY,not all, harley riders have WAY too much attitude.

All the Harley boys on this board are nice fellas,right?

I have met many nice folks at ABATE get togethers and I like some of the harley bikes.

I like the dressers & the lowrider type models.

I hope this sheds some light on this subject VG1982.

To everyone.

Ride safe & often.

JJ
Jammin'John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 09:37 AM   #10
A Star Ride
Registered Member

any bike is gonna have its quirks, be it style or performance, knowing them and what to expect is your best preparation, there are a few things we all love & hate about our bikes, cars, houses, spouses, etc
I dont feel any company truly makes a superior bike to another and 90% of bike owners dont ride often enough or keep the bike long enough to notice a quality problem if they had one. Your more likely to find bikes on the market with an average of less then 2K miles a year then you will with over 5. I put over 2K miles on mine in 2 months and I'm leaving VA fir GA tomorrow morning, I probably ride alot more then most (lately anyway)