Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Riding > Women Riders

Old 11-24-2009, 09:47 AM   #11
seruzawa
The Toad

Like anything else, Harleys are worth exactly what people are willing to pay for them. No more. No less. Now, all of us have our own feelings about what HDs are worth and to me no motorcycle is worth $15K as I'd never pay that much for a bike. But HDs are worth the price because at that price HD sells more cruisers than the Japanese companies do altogether.

As far as attitude I see as much or more from sportbikers... I'd call them the worst of arrogant snobs as a group. And one can't discount the overweening arrogance of a certain segment of the Beemerophiles either. That attitude thing cuts all directions and HD is no worse for it than some other groups. Start some of those Honda guys on their "fit and finish" ideology and see what happens. Talk about delusion.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-24-2009, 10:55 AM   #12
pplassm
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Star Ride View Post
I'm leaving VA fir GA tomorrow morning, I probably ride alot more then most (lately anyway)

In this rain? Yuk.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:21 PM   #13
A Star Ride
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pplassm View Post
In this rain? Yuk.
only 20% chance, but I'd rather it stay dry
Old 02-23-2010, 12:56 PM   #14
boxxout
Registered Member

Default popularity?

I have a 2005 Electra Glide that I have had no problems with. Its true that in the 80s and early 90's HD had some problems. They have since got their act together and actually make a very dependable bike.
If you have ever ridden a Harley, you know what makes it so popular. The unique sound, vibration , and feel they have cannot be duplicated by other bikes.
boxxout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:36 PM   #15
Barbara
Super Moderator

Hi Guys,

I know the question was generic, but I've noticed a trend here. It's supposedly a Women Riders board, but what happens is that a woman get's to post the first post, and then the guys pile on, and that's pretty much it.

Maybe that's OK, as compared to not having anyone at all answer a posting, but unlike yours truly, some women are a bit intimidated by the banter. Maybe if some of the few women who post felt free to say how they feel without worrying about six or seven guys all telling them exactly what's what, the number of women posting might actually grow......probably not soon, but it's possible......

Now, please--I'm not trying to chastise, and certainly am not firing the opening gun in a gender war, honest. I'm just sayin', that's all. You guys know we love you, but sometimes we just need a little breathing room....

Fire away......

Britney the BSA
Big John the BSA
Baby B. the BSA
Gemini the BSA/Triumph
Pip the Triumph T140v--(I have "Great Expectations")
The unnamed 1979 XS 650
Jaelith the '77 XS650/sidecar
Barbara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:47 PM   #16
pplassm
Founding Member

Barb, in this case, most of us believe the original poster had a hidden agenda, or was trying to provoke a flame war.

Impuning HD in any motorcycle related forum always provokes a large response.

As far as piling on goes, the majority of inhabitants here are male. What'd ya expect.

You should see what happens when a woman posts in advrider. They call it "leg humping".

Last edited by pplassm : 02-24-2010 at 04:49 AM.
pplassm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:26 PM   #17
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara View Post
Hi Guys,

I know the question was generic, but I've noticed a trend here. It's supposedly a Women Riders board, but what happens is that a woman get's to post the first post, and then the guys pile on, and that's pretty much it.

Maybe that's OK, as compared to not having anyone at all answer a posting, but unlike yours truly, some women are a bit intimidated by the banter. Maybe if some of the few women who post felt free to say how they feel without worrying about six or seven guys all telling them exactly what's what, the number of women posting might actually grow......probably not soon, but it's possible......

Now, please--I'm not trying to chastise, and certainly am not firing the opening gun in a gender war, honest. I'm just sayin', that's all. You guys know we love you, but sometimes we just need a little breathing room....

Fire away......
Bein' as you're the Women Riders Mod, any "chastisement" is A-OK, so long as you make it hurt when you bring the whip down..........

Seriously tho - I don't have a problem with getting a correction now and again - if I'm truly out of line. The previous Women's Mod and I didn't 'zactly see eye-to-eye, so I was constantly getting the ol' "You deserved it anyway" bit of Moderation. To be blunt: I was on her Shytelist. Perhaps with good reason eventually; but it didn't start out that way. However, I have this tendency to "escalate" things. So, apparently I called the Kettle Black, and she had enough of me and left. Why she didn't Banninate me instead, I dunno.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:37 PM   #18
A Star Ride
Registered Member

Banninate, lol You just wanted to get virtually bounced by a chick.
Old 02-23-2010, 02:42 PM   #19
trenttheuncatchable
Founding Member

Hi Barb .. I keep thinking that I should have my gf post here, but then it slips my mind again. Not that she'd post a whole lot, since she's really busy with work and school. But I will try to remember and have her set up a profile and contribute once in a while.

She has a Ninja 500 and is wanting to upgrade .. I'm a bit concerned about that, because I got her into riding and if she ever got in an accident I'd feel it was partially my fault.

It would be nice to have more women contribute here.
trenttheuncatchable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:06 PM   #20
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenttheuncatchable View Post
Hi Barb .. I keep thinking that I should have my gf post here, but then it slips my mind again. Not that she'd post a whole lot, since she's really busy with work and school. But I will try to remember and have her set up a profile and contribute once in a while.

She has a Ninja 500 and is wanting to upgrade .. I'm a bit concerned about that, because I got her into riding and if she ever got in an accident I'd feel it was partially my fault.

It would be nice to have more women contribute here.
A lady friend of mine started on a GS500F, went to a Ninja 650 and has been happy on her Duck 696 for 3 years now. Frankly the 696 is all motorcycle anyone would need for anything but long-distance and 2-up. Sweet bike and easy to handle.