Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Riding > Women Riders

Old 09-21-2009, 08:04 PM   #1
bikevic
Registered Member

Default Roar Motorcycles: designed and built by women, for women

Kathy Tolleson’s passion for motorcycle riding began over four decades ago. Kathy, who stands only 5-feet tall, spent years trying to find motorcycles that fit her well enough to where she could truly enjoy them. She knew she wasn’t the only woman having problems with motorcycles built around a man’s stature and wanted to give women more options.... LadyMoto - AllAboutBikes.com
bikevic is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-21-2009, 09:40 PM   #2
newagetwotone
Registered Member

Wow, just more HD rip offs...
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 05:25 AM   #3
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetwotone View Post
Wow, just more HD rip offs...
I'm actually cool with lady-specific (? small person specific) bikes. My sister-in-law is 5'2" with short legs and she loves sport bikes. Right now she has a Ninja 250, pretty much because it's about the only bike she can ride and get her feet on the ground. Even then, she's tippy-toeing it. She wants to upgrade to a more powerful bike, but there is nothing out there for her without making significant upgrads (lowering the suspension, de-foaming the seat, etc.). Right now, we are pricing out cost to lower a SV650. She wants an R6.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:55 AM   #4
seruzawa
The Toad

"Although some women balk at the thought of ‘girly’ bikes, Kathy explains, 'the bottom line is that the average American male is much taller and much bigger than the average female. They have a longer arm reach, a longer inseam and they have more upper body strength.' "

And that's just not fair! Maybe Obambi and the Rats can pass a federal equal rights law making such unfair physical discrimination against the law! Then we can have forced breeding programs to make men smaller so we can all be exactly the same.

Seriously, this lady has a good idea. Plenty of women have difficulty finding bikes they can comfortably ride. Nice to have someone who custom-makes bikes to fit the smaller statured.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:57 AM   #5
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
I'm actually cool with lady-specific (? small person specific) bikes. My sister-in-law is 5'2" with short legs and she loves sport bikes. Right now she has a Ninja 250, pretty much because it's about the only bike she can ride and get her feet on the ground. Even then, she's tippy-toeing it. She wants to upgrade to a more powerful bike, but there is nothing out there for her without making significant upgrads (lowering the suspension, de-foaming the seat, etc.). Right now, we are pricing out cost to lower a SV650. She wants an R6.
A friend is 5' even and rides a Ninja500. I don't recall exactly what she did to make it fit but it wasn't difficult.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:07 AM   #6
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"Although some women balk at the thought of ‘girly’ bikes, Kathy explains, 'the bottom line is that the average American male is much taller and much bigger than the average female. They have a longer arm reach, a longer inseam and they have more upper body strength.' "

And here I thought we were all equal! Now I'm all confused.