Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Riding > Women Riders

Old 08-28-2009, 05:01 AM   #31
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashbabe View Post
The XR1200 doesn't really appeal to me...and only certain fat boys do!
Then why are you asking this question? Do you need people to tell you what you already decided? Fatboys are slow and handle like pigs and no amount of modification will ever change that.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-28-2009, 07:56 AM   #32
newagetwotone
Registered Member

So why are you wasting all of our time?

If your looking for "Fast" and "Handling" you've chosen the wrong bike, either buy something that is "fast" and "handles" and stop being a sheep, or buy what your husband wants you to buy and GTFO.
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 08:15 AM   #33
trenttheuncatchable
Founding Member

The problem is that you've only been on a Shadow 750, and you want a Harley or something similar, and you want it to be fast, maneuverable and comfortable. The XR1200, by most accounts, is the best-handling Harley out there. The only other Harley option is some type of VROD, which could be a heap of trouble for someone moving up from a Shadow 750. I would suggest a Yamaha Warrior, but you're probably not ready for that either, and besides, it's not a Harley. There's another short girl on this site who has a Honda Fury and likes it a lot.
trenttheuncatchable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 08:39 AM   #34
SmokeU
Registered Member

I agree wtih gNATT.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:12 PM   #35
flashbabe
Registered Member

OK, now that I've got your attention, I (like my late father) like show as well as performance...so whatever bike I get will have IT ALL! NO I have not decided on a bike yet so all your comments are well taken...bring 'em on! (BTW, my joke about fat boys had nothing to do with Harleys...AND I am the one that has the final say on what bike I ride).
flashbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 07:22 PM   #36
newagetwotone
Registered Member

you want a good looking bike with some sort of performance and you DONT like the xr1200?

how about a (used since they dont make them anymore) BMW R1200c

a (new) MotoGuzzi Cali vintage

Triumph Speedmaster

they are cruisers but they're differnt

how about a standard bike like a Buell Xb9sx

or a retro standard like the triumph Bonnieville

I know some people dont like the look of that BMW at the top, personally i do.... but im weird.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:36 AM   #37
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetwotone View Post
a (new) MotoGuzzi Cali vintage

or a retro standard like the triumph Bonnieville

IMHO (In my humble opinion), the Guzzi and the Bonneville have character in spades. Equally, their handling will outclass most H-D bikes (except the XR1200).

My neighbor just had to have a Harley, so she went out and bought a Sportster Low (because it fit her). Six months later it was for sale, because it handled poorly and she had difficulty riding it. Now she had a Softtail model. I asked her why get a bigger bike. She said she felt more balance and in control on the Softtail, as compared to the Sportster (a bike which is marketed toward women, btw).

Oh! My neighbor's Sportster Low is still for sale. It's mint - midnight black with low miles. How close are you to Delaware?

Last edited by Dr_Sprocket : 09-06-2009 at 05:33 AM.
Dr_Sprocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 04:31 AM   #38
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"I know some people dont like the look of that BMW at the top, personally i do.... but im weird."

I think you understated that quite a bit. 'Some' people didn't like that thing? If you did like it, you are a rare bird! Yikes that thing was terrible. It ranks up there with the Norton Hi-Rider and the Rune. I don't think it is Vision material, but it was close.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:33 PM   #39
CrashieTX
Registered Member

Cool

Hon, it seems you have the same problem most women have when you're on a male dominated forum. But you sound like you got it together.At least on the surface.

Do you have all you have all your creditations and how much experience do you have actually at the controls of a motorcycle. I don't mean to demean but it will help with the next part.

Instead of trying to make up your mind cold go to the Harley dealership and sit behind every bike he's got. When you finish that, then ask for test rides of the one's that appealed to you the most. They are usually quite willing, esp. with the economy the way it is. I'm a bit taller than you but I found I love the Fat Bob but that is in part because my husband rides one. Just a thought. from the way you talk I wouldn't listen to your husband until ya'll can come to some sort of perspective on both your sides and You are really the one to make the discison on what your going to ride. Another bike is the Street Bob which is a bit stripped down Low Rider but you might check on that too for I've seen packets that show the Low Rider is still being built. If that is the case that is my choice for you to get. It was a big help to me when the guys were kind of jerks. and it has mid line controls that will help if you can't reach the forward controls of regular Big Twins.

One last thing. we have a Road King and we equally share driving and riding to half and half because I don't want to relinquish control of the motorcycle I riding. You might get that way yourself. We don't have to sit on those silly little pillions anymore.

Good luck...
CrashieTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 08:16 PM   #40
newagetwotone
Registered Member

Before you push the sex thing any farther it has nothing to do with sex. anyone that wants a unique quick and well handling harley is going to be told the same thing......