Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Riding > Women Riders

Old 05-21-2009, 11:05 AM   #1
miranda_vey
Registered Member

Default Leather Vests

I am in need of a leather vest to put my women's riding group patch on and I am getting discouraged with the options out there for women. I am a tall Amazon of a chic that is curvey around the waist. Here is what I have been looking for and hopefully someone here can suggest a place to get it.

I am looking for a Vest not made for a barbie doll type of women who sits on the back of a bike. I am tall and it seems all of the vests out there are short to show off a woman's belly. I'm a little pudgy there and I dont want to have an exposed belly or back while riding. So I am looking for a longer vest that what is normally seen on the market.

I also prefer vests that zip over snap closures. I beleive that zipped vests willgive me more cleavage. So I hope to find a vest with a zipper and side ties to adjust.

Lastly, I love a vest that has enough pockets that I do not have a to carry a purse. I dont have much I need to carry, but would be nice to have an inner pocket for an MP3 player or tube of lipstick.

So, if anyone knows of a good place to purchase a vest, please let me know what you suggest.

Thanks,
Mir
miranda_vey is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-22-2009, 09:57 AM   #2
trenttheuncatchable
Founding Member

Did you visit your local Harley dealer? They should have a plethora of vests (and other apparel) to choose from.
trenttheuncatchable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:32 AM   #3
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

That'd be my guess a custom leather shop or a HD dealer should be able to fix you up. Try Fox Creek Leather in Virginia, they have a good selection and do custom work too, My leather jacket is from there and it's excellent quality.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:49 AM   #4
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

I am a tall Amazon of a chic that is curvey around the waist.

I have an excellent selection of ladies leather garmets at my place, vests included. It's sort of a hobby of mine.

I'm sure we could find something you'd like. What time should I expect you for dinner?
Old 05-23-2009, 12:16 AM   #5
Barbara
Super Moderator

Hi Miranda,

Well, two out of three helpful replies isn't a bad average.....I think that the suggestion of visiting a HD dealer to begin a search is good....dinner dates...ehhh...not so much.

I have the same problem with jackets, by the way. I found a "Bomber Jacket" that works pretty well, so they're out there if you look.

And, of course, welcome to the Site!

Britney the BSA
Big John the BSA
Baby B. the BSA
Gemini the BSA/Triumph
Pip the Triumph T140v--(I have "Great Expectations")
The unnamed 1979 XS 650
Jaelith the '77 XS650/sidecar
Barbara is offline   Reply With Quote