Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Women Riders (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/women-riders/)
-   -   No Motorcycle Boots for Short Women :-( (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/women-riders/11774-no-motorcycle-boots-for-short-women.html)

elaw 05-04-2009 12:03 PM

No Motorcycle Boots for Short Women :-(

It's been over two years since I have participated in the About forum and the interface has improved greatly. I am not sure if the same folks are still around or all moved on to a life away from the PC!!!

Here is my biggest gripe. I am 5ft2 and have enjoyed riding my Buell Lightning over the past 2 years. Although I have the low seat option, I also benefitted from the Harley Davidson boots that have a platform heel of 2.5". The boots are now 3 years old and falling apart and I cannot find a replacement with a similar size heel.

The closest looking boot is the Temptation D84384 at Legend Boot Shop - Woman Harley Davidson Boot Temptation D84384,Harley Davidson Womens Motorcycle Boots but it is out of stock and so are the others below that have a similar heel.

Is there anyone that can direct me to a place where I can buy a boot size 7-7.5 at a reasonable price with a similar heel please???

Bold D84118 - Legend Boot Shop - Woman Harley Davidson Boot Bold D84118,Harley Davidson Womens Motorcycle Boots

Pavement Harness D81026 - Legend Boot Shop - Woman Harley Davidson Boot Pavement Harness D81026,Harley Davidson Womens Motorcycle Boots

Seduce D85384 Legend Boot Shop - Woman Harley Davidson Boot Seduce D85384,Harley Davidson Womens Motorcycle Boots

pat hoover 05-13-2009 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elaw (Post 212267)
It's been over two years since I have participated in the About forum and the interface has improved greatly. I am not sure if the same folks are still around or all moved on to a life away from the PC!!!

Here is my biggest gripe. I am 5ft2 and have enjoyed riding my Buell Lightning over the past 2 years. Although I have the low seat option, I also benefitted from the Harley Davidson boots that have a platform heel of 2.5". The boots are now 3 years old and falling apart and I cannot find a replacement with a similar size heel.

The closest looking boot is the Temptation D84384 at Legend Boot Shop - Woman Harley Davidson Boot Temptation D84384,Harley Davidson Womens Motorcycle Boots but it is out of stock and so are the others below that have a similar heel.

Is there anyone that can direct me to a place where I can buy a boot size 7-7.5 at a reasonable price with a similar heel please???

Bold D84118 - Legend Boot Shop - Woman Harley Davidson Boot Bold D84118,Harley Davidson Womens Motorcycle Boots

Pavement Harness D81026 - Legend Boot Shop - Woman Harley Davidson Boot Pavement Harness D81026,Harley Davidson Womens Motorcycle Boots

Seduce D85384 Legend Boot Shop - Woman Harley Davidson Boot Seduce D85384,Harley Davidson Womens Motorcycle Boots

Seduce D85384
I too wear the Harley Davidson Seduce boot and love it. I am 5' 0" and these boots are perfect for me to use on my trike. I have been looking for another pair size six 1/2 and absolutely can't find them. If anyone knows where I can find another pair, please contact me ....

jetgal 07-11-2009 05:27 PM

Lots of boots have higher heels, but I've only found one model in which the entire sole is built up. The lift is just about an honest inch, I would say. They are waterproof with excellent ankle protection. Fasteners are velcro flaps over two zippers. Great grip on the road. The model is M-Star by Frey Daytona and they are available from Helimot exclusively. They used to be called "Lady Star," but since so many guys with short feet were buying them, they dropped that moniker and they're all called M-Star now (Heaven forbid some man's sensitivities would be offended!) They never were built on a women's last, but I think you can find a size to fit virtually any woman. BTW, it's European sizing.

I would classify them as touring boots and they are lower-calf high. They wear like iron, but some ladies may find them a bit clunky. I have no problem riding a sportbike with them--no problem with shifter or rear brake on any of the sportbikes I've ridden. It goes a bit easier on cruisers. They wear like iron and get very comfortable after a short break-in period. Sorry, I don't remember what I paid, but I think around $350.USD, maybe. Well worth the price and they are made in Germany. Excellent quality.

sarnali2 07-12-2009 12:47 PM

"You know the Germans always make good stuff"......

If you can't find specific motorcycle boots you might try a work clothing store, they usuall have a selection of work boots in womens sizes, most of them have thick soles and heels.....