Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Riding > Women Riders

Old 04-16-2009, 11:00 AM   #1
Barbara
Super Moderator

Default Anyone else tour?

Hi Ladies,

Does anyone else just like to ride and keep riding? Several times each year I ride 600 miles each way to visit my father in Montana, and I've been up and down I-5 and Hwy 101 so often that I should own stock! I just love putting pavement under the wheels of a bike, and ideally camping at the end of the day.

Any other mileage addicts out there? I have 61,000 miles (mine) on my sidecar bike, and I have no idea of how many total, but I've been riding so long that it really doesn't matter. (Besides, soon I will no doubt have "CRS" and can claim any number I want, and not remember it the next day....)

Anyway, I'm just curious. I know that lots of the younger women are sport-bikers, and I love that, I really do. I'm just wondering if there are other gramma's out there who might enjoy a moderately slow look at nature from the saddle of a bike.

Be safe--have fun!

Britney the BSA
Big John the BSA
Baby B. the BSA
Gemini the BSA/Triumph
Pip the Triumph T140v--(I have "Great Expectations")
The unnamed 1979 XS 650
Jaelith the '77 XS650/sidecar
Barbara is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-01-2009, 09:30 PM   #2
Melissa500ex
Registered Member

Barb,

I did my first tour last month. It wasn't too long being only 400 miles round trip, but it did include a trip up the Pacific Coast Highway to Monterey CA. It was great. I wish I could do more touring! I have kids yet (whom I love, but still need mommy at this point). So, touring will not be as often as I would like. Hubby and I are thinking of heading out on another at the beginning of August.

I would love to keep just going, going, and going. My 500R seems to do the touring just fine and I am comfy on it!
Melissa500ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 07:45 AM   #3
V2Rider
Premium Member

Sure do. When I was on active duty I would use my 30 days of leave to take long road trips. Longest was 28 days and over 9000 miles. I retired a few years back and the job I now have has only a week of vacation for the first five years of employment so I don't have the freedom I did. I did go to Laconia last summer which ended up being about 3500 miles total for the week. In August I'm headed for the Rockies for a week. Trip should be somewhere in the 4-5000 mile range.

Guess I should have read the salutation. LOL

Last edited by V2Rider : 07-02-2009 at 08:27 AM.
V2Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:06 AM   #4
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by V2Rider View Post
Sure do. When I was on active duty I would use my 30 days of leave to take long road trips. Longest was 28 days and over 9000 miles. I retired a few years back and the job I now have has only a week of vacation for the first five years of employment so I don't have the freedom I did. I did go to Laconia last summer which ended up being about 3500 miles total for the week. In August I'm headed for the Rockies for a week. Trip should be somewhere in the 4-5000 mile range.

Guess I should have read the salutation. LOL
Move to Kalifornia. By law there you can be whichever sex you want any time you want.