Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Riding > Women Riders

Old 03-13-2009, 07:58 AM   #11
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Women that like whiskey are always welcome, special if they bring their own....

For some reason they don't stick around here for too long though, I mean we've talked to Airhawk about the hygene thing and Ken about the Gladiator movie obsession but you know, some people just won't change......

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-01-2009, 04:48 PM   #12
pigmywolf
Registered Member

Hi Barbara,

Actually, I just joined this forum today... Looks like an interesting place.

Uh, I'm 56, retired and love riding more than ever.
I'm not much of a wrench, (but I can do an oil change and chain adjustment), but do love to ride.

Spent most of my life in Michigan and moved to NM a couple of years ago. I love it here!!! Sunny days, twisty mountain roads, year round riding and no traffic!!

Currently riding my beloved 02 F650GS set up for comfortable touring and camping.

Past bikes: 1964 BMW R60
2000 Kawawaki Super Sherpa
2002 SV0650
1998 BMW R1100R

Cheers,

Deb
pigmywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:49 PM   #13
pigmywolf
Registered Member

One last comment... I prefer Vodka...

Deb
Old 04-07-2009, 04:05 PM   #14
Barbara
Super Moderator

Hi Deb,

My current flame rides a 650 single, sometimes with a sidecar, and loves it! He has put 25,000 miles on it in 12 months, including two cross country rides.....yep, he's nuts.

You had an R-60? Earles forks? Ahhh--the perfect sidecar bike, and I'd *love* to have one!

So---welcome! Nice to know at least one other woman who rides.

Britney the BSA
Big John the BSA
Baby B. the BSA
Gemini the BSA/Triumph
Pip the Triumph T140v--(I have "Great Expectations")
The unnamed 1979 XS 650
Jaelith the '77 XS650/sidecar
Barbara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 05:09 AM   #15
pigmywolf
Registered Member

Default dilemma...

The R60 was a sweet bike which my brother gave to me. I'm so glad it had crash bars... It still lives and runs in Kalamazoo mich, where it's had a partial rehab. Looks pretty sweet.

Yeah, there are so many bikes. I love my little GS but am contemplating letting it go. I have the ongoing dilemma of finding the one perfect bike that will do everything I want to do, which is mainly tour/camp, dinkle around town, ride all of the twistie mountain roads around here and still be able to explore all of the back road dirt/gravel/Forest Roads around here.(and there are plenty of them)

My husband just picked up a nice used DL650 VStrom this weekend and I made the mistake of riding it over the mountains yesterday. Holy Smokes! What a nice ride through the mountains. I never had to worry about dragging parts and was able to stay in 3rd most of the way and have excellent throttle control.

The problem for me is always seat height. (29" inseam) The GS is factory lowered which allows me to flat foot it, but seriously affects the clearance of the bike, especially in the mountains.

I've done a fair amount of track time and taken classes etc, so I'm able to manage it and keep up with the folks I ride with, but it's work! And I wish the gearing was a bit different... Blah blah blah...

Riding a V Twin was an awful lot of fun. But, the downside is the bike is 60 pounds heavier and quite tall. I know I could probably lower it a couple of inches but then I'm afraid that I'd be back in the same boat with limited clearance...

Thanks for listening to my rant...

Deb
Old 04-09-2009, 06:34 AM   #16
pushrod
Founding Member

pigmywolf,

I'm not that familiar with the Wee-strom, but would it be possible to re-contour the seat for both height and a narrower nose, so your legs (and feet) have a more direct route to the ground?

Then, there's always the Herman Muster boot option.

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:08 PM   #17
pigmywolf
Registered Member

Yes, it would, but it's still a pretty tall bike. I wear some great Sidi boots which have a substantial heel on them. I'm also looking at a Kaw 650R Ninja. Lighter bike, pretty upright seating position narrow frame and seat the make reachin' the ground easier. Maybe I'll just have to ride that in the mountains and use the F650GS for the unpaved bits...

Also, the 650R has a 31.1 seat and can be lowered an inch pretty easily. Wet weight of 437 which is close to the weight of the GS.

Hmmmmm.....