So, how many clicks of preload?

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-16-2009, 04:38 AM   #42
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

" You, LR, continued to ride after your kids were born, I assume. "

So which of my children did I put at risk by ME riding? I also continued to be a Firefighter after they were born too, which is about 100 times more dangerous than riding. Was I still a bad father because of that? You obvioulsy missed the point again.

Last edited by longride : 02-16-2009 at 04:43 AM.
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 04:43 AM   #43
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

So you also agree that kids shouldn't wear seat belts if the parents decide they don't need it? Obviously people today are plain f*cking stupid, which is why the 'Gov' has to step in in the first place. It is like watching Britney Spears driving her care with her kid in her lap. She's White Trash and doesn't know any better, but hey, it's HER CHOICE right? To post pictures from Third World countries really hammers the point home that the person that posted them is a dope. About as relevant as posting apicture of a grapefruit.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:45 AM   #44
sfcdjevans
Registered Member

Talking Man that's good coffee, what's your bp?

Interesting thread, it's taken on a life of its own as so many here do. Not that that's a bad thing.

Men can't have babies but you can see the control issues here in these few pages, women have been dealing with that since day one I'm guessing, women may have reproductive control but I'm still glad I'm a man. Been one my whole life. What no one thinks that's funny?

I can understand the concern though what with the relatively high infant mortality in 'merica compared to the rest of the industrialized world.
[stir the pot, stir the pot]

But falling back I too will say read up, surf the net all in the interest of the day shortly after birthing when you hand the child off to the father so you can go riding. Stick with it and be firm, soon he'll realize his lot in life. Serves him right for not riding already.

Last edited by sfcdjevans : 02-16-2009 at 04:52 AM. Reason: Man! What this site needs is emoticons, really.
sfcdjevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 06:24 AM   #45
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfcdjevans View Post
Men can't have babies but you can see the control issues here in these few pages, women have been dealing with that since day one I'm guessing, women may have reproductive control but I'm still glad I'm a man. Been one my whole life. What no one thinks that's funny?
I know someone who can no-longer make that claim.............
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 06:39 AM   #46
newagetwotone
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
You obvioulsy missed the point again.
No see its not the liberal ideal. You need to know the point but then ignore it and instead push one of YOUR ideas that's similar and try and make people believe its the SAME.

See its not fooling you or I now is it?
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 07:11 AM   #47
pushrod
Founding Member

After all the hubbub, I still recommend the woman refrain from learning to ride a bike while she is pregnant.

My point is - practice simple Risk Management. IMO, riding a M/C (or a bicycle, for that matter) is just too much risk to a pregnancy. Also, I agree with abstinence from alcohol and tobacco and all the other stuff that is likely to harm a fetus. However, if part of the equation is 'necessity', that must be considered. Her original post didn't indicate that, though.

Now, after the child is weaned, then I say, Go For It! Just make sure a Legal Guardianship has been established.

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 07:46 AM   #48
SmokeU
Registered Member

My wife is pregnant with our second child. She enjoys riding with me, but has no intention of doing so while pregnant. She has a few reasons, one being the obvious pregnancy, and another is it's just plain uncomfortable for her while she's pregnant.

As Sachi says, "it's her choice." While I agree with that, my opinion is stay off until the child is born.
SmokeU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:48 PM   #49
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

I'm late to the party as usual but I'll throw in just the same. My mother rode with my dad up till she was 6 or 7 months preggo with me, my wife rode with me until she was 7 or 8 months preggo with my first daughter and occasionally while preggers with my second. The only reason she didn't ride more with the second is that she was home taking care of the first.

I rode my kids around the block when they were a year or so old sitting on the gas tank of my ZX1000R and they loved it...... I don't see anything wrong with riding pregnant myself, obviously you're going to be hyper-aware and hyper-carefull but I don't see it as anymore risky than falling in the shower or crossing a busy street or riding a bicycle. Personal opinion and personal choice I suppose but we face risks everyday from driving cars to choking on a peanut butter sandwich, I don't see motorcycling as being anymore risky than any other activity.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 01:21 PM   #50
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"I don't see motorcycling as being anymore risky than any other activity."

I'd have to disagree with that. Motorcycling is dangerous by its very nature. Riding your kid on the tank is fine, and they love it, until you end up like my buddy Mike that fell off at about 30 mph when his dad was riding him around and ended up with a scab that he called a face. It didn't heal properly for about a year, and he has permenent scarring to this day. Wasn't fun for him after that one I can tell ya. He's very lucky he didn't get killed. To me there is a huge difference between putting your life on the line and putting another life on the line. Adult? Sure. Kids? I don't think so.