Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Manufacturer Forums > Triumph

Old 07-30-2008, 10:00 AM   #1
pushrod
Founding Member

Default Mid-Ohio Vintage Motorcycle Days

What a fantabulous trip!

My buddy and I set out at 0600 Thursday for the run up to Lexington, OH. We ended up staying at a cheesy Super 8 in LaGrange, KY that night. We arrived at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course Friday just in time to take the laps around the track.

I'm guessing there were some comments about the ST with side and tank bags out there with a crowd of Laverda's!

There were more new and old Triumphs than you could shake a stick at! The swap meet was huge, and there was a lot of activity there. MotoGuzzi, Harley, Kawasaki, KTM, Bombardier and of course Triumph had demo rides, which were very popular.

The weather was very good, except for some brief shower activity on Saturday afternoon.

Although we didn't go to Ashland for the Flattrack racing, we heard they were going at it hot and heavy over there, and our 'local' boy, Rob McClendon did real well.

We camped right next to the track in a tiny tent, and didn't get enough rest; with the pinheads making noise too late, and the track folks working the track starting at 0600.

Still, it was great! I spent the majority of my time helping out at the RAT gear check, but got to see (and hear) (and smell!) lots of great bikes and talked to a bunch of nice folks!

But I gotta tell ya, 900+ miles each way is tough on the keester, even with a Sargent seat and compression shorts! Especially when you do it in 1-1/2 days! Time management and all that, notwithstanding.

The ST and my buddys' 98 TBS ran like sewing machines; no issues at all! Heck, I got just under 50mpg, and we were consistently moving 'slightly' faster than the traffic.

Next stop, Barber in October!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mid-Ohio 005sm.jpg (111.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Mid-Ohio 007sm.jpg (71.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Mid-Ohio 001sm.jpg (92.2 KB, 2 views)

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.

Last edited by pushrod : 07-30-2008 at 10:08 AM.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement