Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Manufacturer Forums > Triumph

Old 05-26-2008, 12:54 PM   #11
robbiedo
Founding Member

I own a 2005 Red Daytona 955i. I really, really wanted yellow, but for $8700 brand new with extended warranty, I could not complain.

I love the bike, it is the most comfortable in its class for my body size/shape. I was at my local Triumph dealership on Wednesday, and I saw a blue 955i with hard side bags which looked designed specific for the bike. I do not know the year. I personally use soft bags which work fine, but theft is a concern.

I actually prefer touring on the 955i over my DL1000. It's just more fun, but limiting. I have hard bag system for the Strom.

I would never put a passenger on the pillion seat. Way too dangerous! That just shows a complete lack of respect, as far as I am concerned. If two up sport touring is your thing, get a FJR.

Personally, I find chicks dig riding on cruisers in the queen seat.
robbiedo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-28-2008, 10:26 AM   #12
bbtowns
Founding Member

I've owned both a Kawi ZX9R and a Daytona. The Daytona was a bit more comfortable, and the performance was relatively comparable though I think Kawi was a bit faster. The aftermarket for the Kawi was better though, and you could really get the thing to haul after investing in race bits.
As others have said, the pillions on both these suck, and my wife wouldn't ride on either one. However the Triumph was probably marginally more comfortable than the Kaw. You might consider talking to Rick Mayer or your favorite seat manufacturer about some custom work to improve your passengers comfort, but it still won't be a sport tourer.