Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Manufacturer Forums > Triumph

Old 10-24-2011, 08:48 AM   #1
pushrod
Founding Member

Default Sarnali and Seru, your Big Triple is coming!

And, a couple of other tasty offerings:

(From some hack named Gabe at Motorcycledaily.com)

Three New Triumphs for 2012 Include Tiger Explorer 1200+ « MotorcycleDaily.com – Motorcycle News, Editorials, Product Reviews and Bike Reviews

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-24-2011, 10:30 AM   #2
The Spaceman
Registered Member

The guys at Adventure Rider Motorcycle Forum have been drooling over the spy shots of the Tiger 1200 for months. The shots in your like are by far the best I've seen. That's a damn good looking bike. I really liked the Tiger 800 I rode, except for the comparatively low power. This looks like a winner...especially compared to that abortion Kawi is rolling out.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:39 AM   #3
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

I'm kinda' fond of the 800 XC actually. I like the previous 955 Tiger but the 1050 doesn't really float my boat though it's an excellent bike. The 1200 looks good but after riding the (barely) sub 500 lb PzKw for a year I'd have a hard time going back up the scale. I'll probably get a Triumph next when I tire of the GS, just not sure which model yet. I've had my eye on a Scrambler for a while, I'm a big fan of air cooled motors for their relitive simplicity though with todays electronic everything that's not really true anymore.

I think the SM Bonneville looks good, I also think the entire Bonny line-up would be VASTLY improved if they did something about that tank seam, it's like Kate Upton with a shiner, you can't help wondering why would someone do that to something so beautiful....

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:46 PM   #4
seruzawa
The Toad

Things always go this way and it makes a lot of people happy. But I haven't even found the urge to put on a TOR pipe and remap my 1050. The 800 tiger would interest me more if I didn't have to tour with a passenger. The 1050 requires a pretty light hand on dirt roads as it is and I've no desire to increase the already too much 500 pounds it already carries. The 1200 is likely to be total overkill. Of course people don't take these things off road so it's moot.