Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Manufacturer Forums > Triumph

Old 07-18-2011, 12:53 PM   #11
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Excellent bike Doctor, sounds like you're well pleased with it. The GS has the same problem with the left side saddlebag indent for the pipe. They get around it by making the bag expandable, still doesn't hold much. Modern Triumphs are indeed excellent and well made bikes, I really like them.

Ken if you have the Jones for a Conk then by all mean get one, one of my riding buddies has an '09 and rides the wheels off it between deployments with no complaints. There's leftovers to be found for a decent discount as well so you find a good deal out there with a little searching.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-18-2011, 02:27 PM   #12
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Excellent bike Doctor, sounds like you're well pleased with it. The GS has the same problem with the left side saddlebag indent for the pipe. They get around it by making the bag expandable, still doesn't hold much. Modern Triumphs are indeed excellent and well made bikes, I really like them.

Ken if you have the Jones for a Conk then by all mean get one, one of my riding buddies has an '09 and rides the wheels off it between deployments with no complaints. There's leftovers to be found for a decent discount as well so you find a good deal out there with a little searching.
Heck! If the Connie 14 is good enough to rip around the Alps during the Tour de France, then it's probably good enough for your roads.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:40 PM   #13
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
Heck! If the Connie 14 is good enough to rip around the Alps during the Tour de France, then it's probably good enough for your roads.
"Your roads..." Which means long, flat, and straight. A sportbike is wasted here; the tires get squared off every 5k miles.

Thomas Jefferson wrote that the 1st Amendment erected a "wall of separation" between the church and the state (James Madison said it "drew a line," but it is Jefferson's term that sticks with us today). The phrase is commonly thought to mean that the government should not establish, support, or otherwise involve itself in any religion.

Its.......A FACT!
Morbo the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 04:13 PM   #14
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbo the Destroyer View Post
"Your roads..." Which means long, flat, and straight. A sportbike is wasted here; the tires get squared off every 5k miles.
Hmmmm. Long flat straight roads. Cops that hassle speeders. Lots of traffic that keeps speeds low. Seems like a Connie would be a waste of potential. So what kind of bikes would be perfect for your area? Looking at all factors the bike selection computer reads out the best possible option for you. Good for the terrain and gets excellent mileage:

Harley-Davidson Shovelhead.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:06 PM   #15
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Hmmmm. Long flat straight roads. Cops that hassle speeders. Lots of traffic that keeps speeds low. Seems like a Connie would be a waste of potential. So what kind of bikes would be perfect for your area? Looking at all factors the bike selection computer reads out the best possible option for you. Good for the terrain and gets excellent mileage:

Harley-Davidson Shovelhead.

Bonus!....Don't forget the street cred you'll earn with all the Rubs and catalog commandos by showing up on a Shovel, they seem to think they're Fabrege` Eggs on wheels. Ken had a Shovel for years, all he has to do is dig out his feely gages for the points and 7/16th wrench ground down flat for the pushrods and he's set!

Old 07-18-2011, 09:50 PM   #16
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
....Ken had a Shovel for years
That was the point of the exercise.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:23 AM   #17
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

The Low Rider was a great bike. I was looking at some photos with the kid a few days ago on the 3rd anniversary of his Mom's passing, and damn, that was a great looking bike. But I couldn't take that beast out of town without sweating breaking down. And it was always an obscure, wierd part that you had to chase down. I miss it, but I don't miss it.

Thomas Jefferson wrote that the 1st Amendment erected a "wall of separation" between the church and the state (James Madison said it "drew a line," but it is Jefferson's term that sticks with us today). The phrase is commonly thought to mean that the government should not establish, support, or otherwise involve itself in any religion.

Its.......A FACT!
Morbo the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:04 AM   #18
12er
Founding Member

My bmw bags have an opposite problem to the lace remedy, the connector on the bag broke. Little plastic loop split when I forgot I had my Military spec binoc's in one and I just opened it up. Lid flew down and pulled it apart. Luckily the loop only split and I can reattach, just not put any weight in the outside lid when open. I'll buy some superglue one of these days.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:32 AM   #19
V2Rider
Premium Member

Good review. I've been thinking adventure tourer for a while and have been looking at the Tiger 800s but the closest dealer is 3 hours away. I've always been partial to Yamahas so I've been checking out the Super Tenre as well. Any of you guys seen one in person or have had the opportunity to ride one?
Old 07-19-2011, 12:20 PM   #20
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by V2Rider View Post
Good review. I've been thinking adventure tourer for a while and have been looking at the Tiger 800s but the closest dealer is 3 hours away. I've always been partial to Yamahas so I've been checking out the Super Tenre as well. Any of you guys seen one in person or have had the opportunity to ride one?

Yamaha?.... isn't that one of those (sniff) Asian makes?....